Thread: hello out there

hannesvr Guest

Thumbs up hello out there

i am new to the refrigeration forum. down and out from South Africa working in Mozambique Beria. i have been 35 yers in the trade and can not understand the level of workmenship and training or the lack of it in our trade. where do we find people who can at least do a thing right. and be proud of what they have done. its hart breaking.
    any ideas out there?
    thanks Hannes

Re: hello out there

Hannesvr, I'm guessing trades people have different ways of viewing their position in society. Some can be trained by the best but don't have the drive to excell, others are unlucky to work under "she'll be right" attitude bosses but can't get the training they would like and when transitioning to tradsman, whether to move on and gain experience or sit back and just take the pay with limited knowhow is entirely up to the individual. Unfortunately i trained under the "she'll be right" type but moved on and slowly worked my way through to where i am today..mike.

Re: hello out there

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Hannesvr, I'm guessing trades people have different ways of viewing their position in society. Some can be trained by the best but don't have the drive to excell, others are unlucky to work under "she'll be right" attitude bosses but can't get the training they would like and when transitioning to tradsman, whether to move on and gain experience or sit back and just take the pay with limited knowhow is entirely up to the individual. Unfortunately i trained under the "she'll be right" type but moved on and slowly worked my way through to where i am today..mike.
    Wise comments for one so young Mike!
    Wanting to learn more and attitude are fundamental.
    Oh! And welcome to the forum hannesvr.
    Grizzly