Sparks7788 Guest

Scandinova freezer noisy

Firstly this is my first post and i have tried reading up to about page 14 with only limited sucess,i have a scandinova CF105C chest freezer,it has been a great workhorse for several years and is in great condition,recently the compressor has started to be noisy when it runs, its like a continual drumming noise and when it reaches shut off it gives a kick/bang,i have checked the mountings hoping that it would be something which can be replaced easily but no joy,it also seems to run for longer until it reaches cutoff, it seems to work(freeze)normally apart from the noise when running and banging when stopping, any help would be appreciated, i know its getting old but would be a shame to have to retire it, have been quoted over phone (i described the fault) around £120-£150 for repair,i would pay this but the danger would be if its a gas leak then money would be better spent towards a new unit,thanks in advance.

Re: Scandinova freezer noisy

If it's still freezing OK there is no gas leak,bargain for a compressor replacement @ £150,unless they are quoting secondhand.ddering noise when shutting down usually signals the end is nigh,might last a while but will eventually fail completely.

Sparks7788 Guest

Re: Scandinova freezer noisy

Hi,thank you for your reply, i have noticed cracks around one of the lid hinges( the spring loaded one) i think its time for a new freezer because its liable to fail just after we fill it up (xmas coming up),looks like i am going shopping with the wife, thank you again.