Can't be happening

This upright 2 door display, chiller one side, frozen goods the other, one system for each. So freezer is faulty, compressor runs then switches to hot gas defrost and back again in 5 min cycles, meantime no condenser fan opperation or evap fans. Must be over 20 yrs old, new shop owners, no cabinet history. Where is the timeclock? There isn't one. How does it switch to defrost? It uses the fan delay clickson but the third wire is terminated, so the clickson cycles the hot gas solenoid only, SO how do the evap fans run? Start new approach.. Set up gauges and plug in unit but compressor jumps and high current draw. Start cap buggered.. another fitted compressor now going BUT.. short of refrigerant and no identification as to what type. Gas leak found on flare, now sealed. Now there is frozen products in the cabinet, so how is this possible?? Wrote up report, ran a tour of trouble with owner who apparently didn't grasp the situation when all was revealed, but i was paid for my time... was this some sort of game? Your thoughts please.. mike.

Re: Can't be happening

Update to above post. Today the owners called and it appears my negative view on repairs did not get through...new components/wiring/ thermostat/drier/gas/headache, coming up... Noooo...

Re: Can't be happening

1.) Take huge hammer.
    2.) Hit owner on head.
    3.) sell him a new one.

By the time he has paid for all repairs and labour surely he could bite the bullet and buy a new or second hand better type.

Im all for fixing things but if it is fuxed it is fuxed, do not try make a old dog run.