Technique Training

Hi guys,
    First off I apologise if this thread is in the wrong place. And to the moderators I promise this is not a weak attempt at advertising!
    My question is has anyone had any training/dealings or know anyone working with TechniqueTraining? They are in Barlborough, Chesterfield.
    I'm due out the army next November and am considering doing a few courses with them, mainly because they are very local to me. But I don't want this to compromise the training value.
    If anyone has has an opinion or advice pse let me know.
    Best regards
    Daz

Re: Technique Training

Hi Daz97,

don't want to dis them, but I havn't heard anything good about them.

If they are local to you, then Techtrain can't be far from you.

Have a look at this - www dot techtrain dot co dot uk, sorry can't post link because I havn't got enough posts yet

Cheers coolkid,
    I appreciate your honesty pal. Techtrain are fairly local to me, and HAL not too far either. I've been in touch with them both & they were very helpful.
    Just thought I'd try and get some feedback as I don't want to waste my resettlement so thanks again mate.
    Any other tips you can offer would be greatly received, I'm a vehicle mechanic by trade and am looking at the transport refrigeration side of the industry (completly different disciplines I know).
    I hope the economic climate has not hit you or others hard.
    Best regards
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by Daz97 View Post
    Cheers coolkid,
    I appreciate your honesty pal. Techtrain are fairly local to me, and HAL not too far either. I've been in touch with them both & they were very helpful.
    Just thought I'd try and get some feedback as I don't want to waste my resettlement so thanks again mate.
    Any other tips you can offer would be greatly received, I'm a vehicle mechanic by trade and am looking at the transport refrigeration side of the industry (completly different disciplines I know).
    I hope the economic climate has not hit you or others hard.
    Best regards
    Daz
    Just make sure that which ever center your choose that they will give the training you need and not just certification which will be worthless if you have no idea how to use it.
    As I have posted previously in your other posts there are many centers to choose from but make sure you get the training you need.

PS reefer refrigeration is a good trade to be in if you don`t mind working nights regular or other hours your unprepared for

Your mechanical background will be invaluable and a gift if you don`t mind working for your wages

Thanks Quality,
    I absolutely agree with you that the quality of training is a priority over the piece of paper at the end of a course.
    I'll look into the reefer side of things as well. Long unsociable hours in obscure working conditions is something i like to think i can deal with.
    And i also understand that a 3 week course will not make me even close to the standard that guys on here/ out there are at, but its a start. And something i'll work hard at.
    Thanks for the advice mate
    Regards
    Daz

Ludasmith Guest

Hi Daz, by pure chance that is about a quarter of a mile from my house! I have beed there when work sent me for the electrical PAT testing course and found it a very professional center.

I will be doing their 5 day F-gas course within a few weeks and will let you know how I get on.

Luke

hi Daz iv been up there to do a course it was a 3 day basic refrigeration course and I gotta say all they did was sell me the 10day course and I'm sure if I was on the 10day they would say "oh we can't answer that it's on the 15day course". you need a real qualification not the pointless paper they give you. ellistraining do a fast track tech cert level 2 city & guilds, if ur gonna spend the money spans it on that, I was in the army myself I know where coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Ludasmith View Post
    Hi Daz, by pure chance that is about a quarter of a mile from my house! I have beed there when work sent me for the electrical PAT testing course and found it a very professional center.

I will be doing their 5 day F-gas course within a few weeks and will let you know how I get on.

Luke
    Thks for the reply luke
    yea let me know how you get on pal
    cheers
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by improver No1 View Post
    hi Daz iv been up there to do a course it was a 3 day basic refrigeration course and I gotta say all they did was sell me the 10day course and I'm sure if I was on the 10day they would say "oh we can't answer that it's on the 15day course". you need a real qualification not the pointless paper they give you. ellistraining do a fast track tech cert level 2 city & guilds, if ur gonna spend the money spans it on that, I was in the army myself I know where coming from
    Hello mate
    I've heard of others that Ellis are good
    I'll give them a ring see what the score is
    cheers
    Daz