I am a farmer growing flowers in India. I got the cold store designed by Zanotti partners - Motherson Zanotti - in India to store Lilium Bulbs. I requested them to add a standby system so that if one machine fails we can use the other machine so that we don't expose the bulbs to higher temperature that could break their dormancy.

We installed machine and temperature of minus 2 degrees was tested in the cold room. We loaded the cold room and to our horror, the minimum temperature during day time was only +3-4 degrees. I called the company and they said the mistakes happen. It took them over ten days to attend to it. They put the standby system to work in tandem with the other system so both together could control the temperature. It worked for two days and again the temperature rose higher. We got to know that there were no defrosting system installed. We called company who said that when temperature comes to zero degrees this ice will melt and temperature will again go back to minus 2 degrees. This never happened. I'm sure you all know the reason why ice won't melt at zero degrees on its own.

Then the engineer installed some heaters that we have to switch on to make sure the condenser doesn't get clogged with ice. In the whole process i had incurred huge loss as the bulbs sprouted inside the cold (not so cold) Room only. There was no way i could plant them in bulk as it is not commercially feasible.

Motherson Zanotti knows they have done wrong design and their engineer has accepted it. Yet they are not ready to rectify it nor pay for the damage they have caused. they have simply stopped even replying to e-mails.

I simply don't know who to resolve it. I'm keen to get some reply from Zanotti, Italy if they would approve of such work by their Indian unit. Hope someone relies to tis message.