Searching for some help here...

Working in an existing data center installing some new Liebert splits. 20 and 30 ton units. The owner has set our vacuum test procedures as follows...

Step 1: pressure system to 160psi dry nitrogen. Hold for 1 hr.
Step 2: pull vacuum to 1000 microns
Step 3: break vacuum with dry nitrogen to 2psig
Step 4: pull vacuum to 500 microns
Step 5: break vacuum with dry nitrogen to 2psig
Step 6: pull vacuum to 250 microns. Hold 250 microns with no more than 150 micron rise for 2hr minimum.

This test is to be on the entire system (compressor, condenser coil, piping and evap. coil) all at once.

Does this seem like a reasonable test procedure? We have about 100' of piping between the indoor unit and the condensing coil.

The piping and condensing coil are pulling down and holding fine. We have been holding a 240ish micron vacuum for over a week now on one system. However, we are having complete hell pulling the indoor unit (compressor specificly) to just below 500 microns and holding. Changed the POE oil in one compressor and we can get it to hold 510-520 microns for 20-30 minutes. It has a steady rise of about 1 micron per 90 seconds. The other compressor has not pulled down to less than 400 microns yet. We have had a 10cfm vacuum pump on it for over 72 hours now with no avail. Mind you this is on the compressor only, valves are back seated fully.

I have talked to another guy I know that works for Trane and he tells me that a 300 micron vacuum with 200 micron rise in 15 minutes is fine. This sounds much more reasonable.

My questions I guess are:

Is the owner being unreasonable in the testing requirements?

Is the Trane testing procedure more realistic and achievable?