Thread: hot spell

Question hot spell

I noticed the hot spell has knock most of us out and the time we get home from work or studies we just sit down ,have a feed then realise its past our bedtime

is no one commisioning at the mo as i dont see any discussions
    in the commisioning thread these days

come on guys what you all up to or is it that these past few weeks everyones been running round fixing those dreaded water leaks and cant be bothered spend some quality time on RE of an evening or is it just that when the winter kicks in we all spend a bit more time indoors and have more time to go online

Don't promise What you CAN'T DELIVER

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: hot spell

Umm...???

Yep.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I had a very quet spell in the new year, so i went back to my routes, and took on a very big ducting job. Im now fitting stupidly heavy ductwork between 11 and 14 hours per day. Seven days per week. And also throwing in the odd split aswell.

I have calculated that if i carry on at this rate i will have earned £1,000,000 by the year 2016,
    if i.m still alive.

This is my reason for not being to vocal at the moment, roll on winter, please.

cheers

eggs

Quote Originally Posted by terrie73
    ....i dont see any discussions in the commisioning thread these days ....
    ..... running round fixing those dreaded water leaks and cant be bothered spend some quality time on RE of an evening or is it just that when the winter kicks in we all spend a bit more time indoors and have more time to go online
    The commissioning thread has never been very busy.
    And repairing water leaks?? Now? On cooling machines?
    Ohhh.... now I finally got it....that's the reason why I'm burned my arms and hands on the copper lines some times the last weeks, it's the hot water inside it.
    Jeez ..learning every day a bit more.

Just like Eggs said, it are long days these days.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

As a "one man band" I just cannot cope with the amount of work I am getting, I am trying to do service calls and fit in installations as well, I have even started leaving a message on my answer machine stating that we are taking no more calls apart from regular customers, I dont use my divert anymore, if the customer wants me they can call me on my mobile.........far too busy! Incidentally the refrigeration industry just gets busier each and every year for us self employed blokes as the bigger firms have given up the smaller shops, restraunts and licensed establishments, in a period of 8 years I have built up a cracking little business with plenty of scope for expansion if I wanted it, you would be amazed at the amount of work I have turned down this year, In january I turned down one contract for £120k last week I actually walked off site of a £7k job because I just could not cope with the amount of work I have and the amount of parts awaiting fitting and maintenance backing up......where have all the refrigeration engineers gone?

Im walking around like a " zombie" Have been working like till midnight every day for nearly 2 or three weeks now.

My accounts, paperwork building up. its the installs........I love doing em, but cant attend to breakdowns whilst busy on an install
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Hot spell
    Think of the guys in India, Africa and also here, 35°C to 45°C untill the end of september..................

The only diference, is the size of the condensers,

Have a cold pint and relax, it will be freezing cold soon and you will have something new to complain about..........

Chemi

Quote Originally Posted by terrie73
    I noticed the hot spell has knock most of us out and the time we get home from work or studies we just sit down ,have a feed then realise its past our bedtime

is no one commisioning at the mo as i dont see any discussions
    in the commisioning thread these days

come on guys what you all up to or is it that these past few weeks everyones been running round fixing those dreaded water leaks and cant be bothered spend some quality time on RE of an evening or is it just that when the winter kicks in we all spend a bit more time indoors and have more time to go online
    Mr, tere,

where are U? we all looking for U since long time of HOT SPELL,
    kind regards,
    BENI JOSEPH,

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1
    The commissioning thread has never been very busy.
    And repairing water leaks?? Now? On cooling machines?
    Ohhh.... now I finally got it....that's the reason why I'm burned my arms and hands on the copper lines some times the last weeks, it's the hot water inside it.
    Jeez ..learning every day a bit more.

Just like Eggs said, it are long days these days.
    That why after a fridge job you should doe a waterleak job so you can cool down the burns on your hands and arms.

Victor

Cool Re: hot spell

water leaks , gas leaks , installs ,compressor changes ,control faults, maintenance or burning arms on the discharge pipe its all the same you all will be moaning in the winter when you've got no overtime or not enough !!!

By the way if you're burning you're arms on pipework what have u beeen doing for the past 11 months ?

ducking & diving and window shopping in the afternoon
    Last edited by terrie73; 29-06-2005 at 08:34 AM.
    Don't promise What you CAN'T DELIVER

now thats a SERIOUS thread revival!
    almost 5 years
    -Christopher