qualifications in jersey

Hi guys, just wandered whats the best way to get proper qualifications for refrigeration in Jersey. I have done the F-Gas course but we don't gain any certs at a national level. Something like a City&Guilds course would be fantastic. Does anyone know a way of gaining these qualifications as we don't have a course over here.

Re: something and

Quote Originally Posted by uvwx397 View Post
    something and then confiscate departed, "go ahead, and you learn." Notwithstanding, I rotated to the Tang Jun, a grinning that he, elevated his rotatable sound, "that you sent this.

I see the nutter is back!
    Grizzly

Re: qualifications in jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AC&R Jersey View Post
    Hi guys, just wandered whats the best way to get proper qualifications for refrigeration in Jersey. I have done the F-Gas course but we don't gain any certs at a national level. Something like a City&Guilds course would be fantastic. Does anyone know a way of gaining these qualifications as we don't have a course over here.
    I don't think they do a City and Guilds distance learning course. But I know ICS do a Btec level 3 in aircon and fridge, that can be done on line. I don't know what its like though or if its recognised like C&G, but I know its about six hundred quid and can be completed within ten months or so. Its all theory, so there's no practical modules to complete.

I did a level 3 plc programming course some years ago, but never got a certificate when I submitted my project. Not that I was bothered though, I just went on the course for the knowledge.

If its the C&G you need specifically, it might be worth your while contacting a college on the mainland and see if they will furnish you with information for the 6017 level three. They might consider skipping out the the practical side and let you study the theory side, so when you get your certificate it will just contain the knowledge part. The practical parts are really for beginners, or where there's a complex system that has to be opened up and toured round.

At the end of the day its the experience that is the best teacher. The qualification part is just for certain employers who think an engineer whose qualified, is better than an engineer who isn't. We all know that it isn't so, but none of us want to be sat in an interview with a potential boss who's so far up his own arse, and thinks he can look down his nose at you because you have 10 years + experience and no qualifications. Or even make you a offer of a very poor package, and then the other better payed qualified but less experienced engineers, coming to you for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by uvwx397 View Post
    something and then confiscate departed, "go ahead, and you learn." Notwithstanding, I rotated to the Tang Jun, a grinning that he, elevated his rotatable sound, "that you sent this.
    On the eve of a morn, a fool with mental health problems from his pit did arise, a mind blowing substance, see did he, and consumed away till his matter of grey did vacate his skull. But smoking it for years that had passed, did result, "a computer purchase did he". In result of consumption of the substance so corrupt, decided did he to type to a forum of sound minded folks. To share effects of poor mental state and corruption of the Tang Jun, that caused the rotatable sound once shared by Kubla Khan who did decree, "a pleasure dome in Xanadu will errect." Never to make back the journey, the contaminated essence of the fool persisted, to try tighten sinews and nerves, of forum members, with a key, like the one that powers the movement of time.

Quote Originally Posted by chilliwilly View Post
    On the eve of a morn, a fool with mental health problems from his pit did arise, a mind blowing substance, see did he, and consumed away till his matter of grey did vacate his skull. But smoking it for years that had passed, did result, "a computer purchase did he". In result of consumption of the substance so corrupt, decided did he to type to a forum of sound minded folks. To share effects of poor mental state and corruption of the Tang Jun, that caused the rotatable sound once shared by Kubla Khan who did decree, "a pleasure dome in Xanadu will errect." Never to make back the journey, the contaminated essence of the fool persisted, to try tighten sinews and nerves, of forum members, with a key, like the one that powers the movement of time.
    OK.
    So now are we supposed to feel sorry for the Nutter?
    Grizzly

Re: qualifications in jersey

Well done Frank.
    You're on the ball tonight.
    AC&R.
    I see your dilemma it's not easy to ascertain where you can get training in your area>
    C&G, IOR and ACRIB are all a bit vague!
    Good luck in your quest enthusiasm should always be encouraged.
    Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 29-12-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    OK.
    So now are we supposed to feel sorry for the Nutter?
    Grizzly
    No not at all, just give him a taste of his own medicine and take the p!ss out of the daft c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by chilliwilly View Post
    No not at all, just give him a taste of his own medicine and take the p!ss out of the daft c*nt.
    Nuff said!
    Grizzly