Daewoo FRS2031 Ice chute flap

The ice flap on our Daewoo FRS2031 has decided to stop opening when ice is dispensed (So it gets stuck above it). Does anyone have a manual for this model, or know if this is a common/easy problem to solve?

Any thoughts on what needs to be done, or what it would cost to repair welcome.

acelectrical Guest

Re: Daewoo FRS2031 Ice chute flap

Hi There I have repaired many of theise under insurance and have found the spring to pop out of its holder. Take the front pannel off and just clip it back in. Also check whie you are there that there is circuit through the damper heater. This is a common problem and when the heater failes the flap stickes and that causes the spring to pop off.
    Good luck

Thanks for the feedback, I found a manual about this, but I'm still not sure from the diagram how to access this section. Does the front frame just pop off?

Does the spring push the flap up or down? as it feels quite sprung loaded at present.

Well found that the front frame clips off (screwdriver entry bottom right) then carefully pop the clips (managed to only break 1), had a look, and the spring was fine, thought it was the solenoid... then I realised one wire had come off it! Plugged it back on, all working! So title can be edited it Fixed!

raymondotag Guest

Hi i'm having the same problem, do you just take out the panel from the front of the door, or do you have to remove the whole thing, also is the manual you refer to online?

thanks

Don't really need the manual, just use a large flat screwdriver under the bottom right edge of the front panel. You should see that this pops off the frame around that section and see the solenoid etc.