tin banger Guest

wanna be a tech please help

I have 5 years commercial light industrial experience as a sheetmetal mech. Hence the user name I'm 22 years old and have a 2 year old son and going from construction site to construction site with inevitable layoffs I just not the career I had in mind but starting back at the bottom of the pay scale totem pole is out of the question so I've been trying to find a nationally accredited school with nate certification or hvac excellence certification seem to have found a school in my area called acrtrainingcenter.com but please Google for an opinion am I going about this the right way would I be able to find a job as a entry level service tech upon graduation for 14 or 15 $/hr are there better schools out there would be willing to relocate to fl. Ga nc. Any advice references or just plain help would be greatly appreciated oh yeah tuition deadline for acrtraining is august 23 rd and the course is $4500.00 says to have more hands on training than technical school course just wanna make sure I am making the right decision really wanna be a tech please help

Re: wanna be a tech please help

Hi Tin banger,

I'm not sure what employers look for in the States as i'm based in the uk, but hopefully someone else will be able to help with your question.

Jon

tin banger Guest

Greatly appreciated didnt think I was gonna even get a response there for a minute is this mainly for people in the UK if so is there a website like this for people in the states I just wanna little advice from someone who is in the position I want to be in one day really want to work on supermarkets or chillers just don't where to start anybody out there

Hi tin banger.
    I can only suggest that you approach a local service company and offer to work for no pay for a couple of weeks as 'get to know each other trial period " thats if your budget can bare it.

Have a look on google for 'hvac forum' that should find you a site in the USA.
    I hope someone there can answer your questions.

Jon

how come it so difficult to become an engineer in the US. in Europe they are crying for techs, we have nice payed arrangements whit employers. we never have to offer work for free. if you want to move, go for it.

Ice