rajiv.kumar Guest

Question Want to do refrigeration and Air conditioning short course

Hi!
    I am Rajiv kumar from India, now living in Perth, western australia. I have more than 20 yrs experience in refrgertion trade. I worked for Indian Railways for 20 yrs as an AC MECHANIC. I also did part time domestic refrigeration work. Now I am in perth,australia and looking for a short course so that i can get a job in my trade, can anybody tell me about that course. Thanx.

Re: Want to do refrigeration and Air conditioning short course

If you have 20yrs experience then why do you need to do courses? Have you done any formal education as part of your work? I would suggest you look at an RPL pathway (recognition of prior learning).

I'm also in Perth, Western Australia. I have no suitable prior learning and I've been contacting the various training agencies to see how I'd go about becoming trained on a part-time basis.

Thus far I've been told the *only* way to receive any training in A/C and refrig that will qualify for a refrigerant handlers license is to toss in my existing career, and go and do a 4 year apprenticeship. Not a great option for a 36 year old.

Surely there must be somewhere I can go to be properly trained without having to be working in the trade?

harveer singh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    If you have 20yrs experience then why do you need to do courses? Have you done any formal education as part of your work? I would suggest you look at an RPL pathway (recognition of prior learning).
    Hey man ,

How this RPL works, actually i m suffering from same prob;lem which rajiv had,

I want to recognise my Indian qualification here in Australia.
    Please help me