thermetrics Guest

Exclamation Help- need to find an obsolete part

I am new to this website, so please forgive me if this is not the correct place to post.

I am the office manager for an commerical/industrial HVAC company in Central Florida.

We have several Carrier 23XL Frame 4 D60 chillers under a maintenance agreement. I just received a call from the tech that we lost a motor, I contacted Carrier RCD-parts dept, the Ingersoll motor is obsolete. I am trying to locate a replacement motor, anywhere possible. The part number is 5T2FGH11 The techs are in the process of removing the motor and checking to see if we can send it to a machine shop to rewind it, but if the stator slots are burnt we will have to replace.

So, to get to my question--- Does anyone have a Carrier motor available? Or do you have a source I could contact?
    Thanks so much.

Re: Help- need to find an obsolete part

Best info I can pass on goes like this... we use a motor house called Dreisilker Electric Motors. The closest location to you is Marietta, Ga. but they will ship 50 states and repair most everything. Their phone is 770-272-0773. Ask for tech support to get better 1 on 1 help. Next best selection choice for cross-reference is Grainger. I have a listing for Melbourne, Fl. Their number is 321-951-1985. They have GREATLY improved their comm. level of assistance lately and inventory is much better. Well...at least here in Chicago. Hope it helps . Good luck. Just an after thought...Carrier is TEC...Temperature Equipment Corp. and has locations in Florida. I don't know how old the chiller is but parts must be made available , whether OEM or equilavent, for 10 years unless company goes out of business. I might opt to check directly with TEC and their senior duty engineer to help locate their answer to your motor. I've done it before and spent 8 yrs. running a parts house where I found those guys to be invaluable.
    Last edited by FEISTY; 18-08-2010 at 03:22 AM. Reason: add'l information
    Don't leave it like you found it.....Leave it like it should be !!!