Thread: FES or FRICK?

csuy Guest

FES or FRICK?

Dear all masters,

Recently my company is going to purchase the compressor unit from FES or YORK/Frick, i was assigned to list the advantage of their difference. Without Frick anti-friction bearing, variable Vi, GEA micro III control panel, does there have any different or advantage between them?

By the way, if you are the buyer, which compressor unit you will like?

Please help to provide me your opinion!!
    Thanks!

Re: FES or FRICK?

I have a huge preference for Mycom.

I generally prefer Frick due to their suggested maintenance program being a bit less user hostile than FES.

just a voice from the wilderness, I perfer Frick due to the simple PM procedures and long-term reliable operation.

Pushkar Guest

I will prefer you MYCOM compressor...

Mycom makes the best compressor FES is a very good package but if I were you I would buy the Frick. Reason being and I dont want to offend anyone here but you can train a monkey to do pm's on a Frick package because of their end user support. Get the LX control panel and it will even self calibrate.

Well, I will buck the trend and go FES/GEA. Much better and a more professional company to deal with overall.

I have to go with FES as well. I have never had an issue with the maintenance cycle and I have a great relationship with the company.

FES package with Howden compressor is the best. Otherwise, Frick or M&M w/ Howden

Having recently spent a week pulling several of them apart, I now have a strong preference for Vilter single rotor screws.
    Very nice machines

Single screw compressor weakness is wearing and efficiency lower gradually.

I'm on the fence here. In my opinion Frick and FES/GEA are the two best around each having advantages and disadvantages.

For Frick I have to say that the TDSH series of compressors seem to run forever, are no louder then any other screw and are a relatively trouble free machine. My personal experience with some of the Frick personel has been poor but I have noticed a change now that Johnson Controls is taking more of a presence. The Quantum Lx microprocessor is a huge pain to deal with. All of the menus and sub-menus take forever to get through and are a nightmare to train someone to work on.

For FES/GEA the newer GL,GS, and GM series of machines seem comparable to the TSDH of Frick. The GM machines do seem to require a little more attention to thrust bearings then do the GL machines. On the down side FES uses a lot of straight thread fittings with a crush washer type seal that is prone to oil seepage. Shaft seals on an FES are a breeze to replace requiring no special tools like the Frick machines do, however I think Frick seals last longer. FES provides good technical assistance and are usually good to deal with. The final thing is the new FES G-Force microprocessor. These things rock! Any idiot can set them up, all critical parameters, set-points and calibrations can be done from one easy to interpret screen making life much easier from the microprocessor end.

If Frick had such a simplistic microprocessor then it would be Frick hands down.