drum Guest

AGA LA245-R2 Error E2

I have an AGA Freezer LS245-R2 that I picked up in a house clearance, it's been working fine for the last 12 months, however it has started bleeping and Flashing up "E2" as I have no manuals or information, I don't know what this means.

Can anybody help me diagnose the problem??

drum Guest

Re: AGA LA245-R2 Error E2

Anybody able to help with this please?

hello thats a evaporator probe fault, the controller is a lae wubc (williams universal budget controller)the probe you will be able to get from williams refrigeration 01553 817000 if you give them the serial number. if you phone hawco refrigeration they will be able to supply but you will need the code pirnted on the sheeth of the probe. hawco will be a lot cheaper!!
    Last edited by 123-steve909; 18-08-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Are you sure its a LS245? I recall it being LA245
    L = FREEZER OR LOW TEMPERATURE
    A = AGA
    245 = INTERNAL VOLUME
    R2 = REVISION 2,

Nice to hear one of the original UK made AGA freezers is still going!

They were a good cabinet but could not compete with a factory in china making millions of cabinets a year
    Last edited by 123-steve909; 18-08-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Not sure what counts as a 'good cabinet'? Mine has rails which bend and the trays drop through regularly. I padded the rails out 5mm with cardboard to solve that. The units don't seem to cool adequately, frost up and are noisy and chuck out a lot of heat. The cabinet looks nice, and looks commercial grade, but I don't think it would last 3months in a working kitchen. We are loath to even open the door because it takes so long to cool again. Water freezes, but any juices struggle because the defrosts take the temp to -10 and it takes too long to cool.
    Williams also were very limited help. AGA much better but seem to have done what they can so far.
    I still love the unit, but have to get the basics working.

Just seem your post. Hope your unit works better than others (ours has just gone back to Aga for good and they have crossed our palms with silver.

Error codes:

Dirty condenser
    2 air circulation restricted - Cabinet has been overfilled so air cannot circulate. Re-organise to remove blockage particularly near top of freezer.
    3 Defective fan motor
    4 Defective compressor relay
    5 Loose electrical connection

I am going to try clearing the space at the top of my LA245 R2 to improve air flow - struggling to get below -12 at the moment. Rubbish.

Cheap an nasty williams freezer, suprising because williams actually make good stuff under their own name!

Mine wont reach temp, seems to romp down to about -7 then takes another 2 hours to reach -9 and just sits there
    this is an empty cabinet too.