How to prevent the germs living in fresh-cut cold room.

Dear All,

I am new from spain, we are now doing a fresh-cutting cold room with people working there.
    As for the fresh-cut cold room, such as cutting vegetables. There must be heavy humidity inside the cold room. So the germs and microorganisms will grow in this humidity condition.
    Is there any good way to prevent the germs to grow? If we have to install any equipment to kill germs or how to design this cold room. Thank you!

Re: How to prevent the germs living in fresh-cut cold room.

Please help me, My email/msn: kidecn@hotmail.com

Had many sangrea's with the water of the med. lapping at my feet, at the beach at Shanghai in Spain
    and welcome to the forum

Blog Entries

Last edited by nike123; 13-08-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monoblocker View Post
    Dear All,

I am new from spain, we are now doing a fresh-cutting cold room with people working there.
    As for the fresh-cut cold room, such as cutting vegetables. There must be heavy humidity inside the cold room. So the germs and microorganisms will grow in this humidity condition.
    Is there any good way to prevent the germs to grow? If we have to install any equipment to kill germs or how to design this cold room. Thank you!
    I am sitting in my office across from the production room of a Fresh Cut Facility owned by a large Multi-National Corporation. I have recently been appointed as a Food Saftey Representative. (And you all thought I was just a NH3 guy) Humor aside, we keep our facility at 36 to 38F. (2.7C) We are currently changing our inspection process to meet new requirments. This involves reviewing all our practices and procedures involving maintenance, production and sanitation.
    The main requirement is that all the floors, wall, and drains need to be impervious and cleanable. After sanitation the area is sprayed down with a disinfectant foam.
    We conduct daily swabs for bacteria as well.
    There is no secrect to keeping a plant clean. It just involves effort. People have tried to sell me ozone generators and negative ion machines. But we fell the problem is best taken care of on a basic level. We are have a Microbiologist on staff to test our product and problems are rare.

erinra Guest

the desinfectant foam appears to be the best solution (...I can't think of any other)

davidwilsoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nike123 View Post
    If you are, you breathe. If you breathe, you talk. If you talk, you ask. If you ask, you think. If you think, you search. If you search, you experience. If you experience, you learn. If you learn, you grow. If you grow, you wish. If you wish, you find. And if you find, you doubt. If you doubt, you question. If you question, you understand and if you understand, you know. If you know, you want to know more. If you want to know more, you are alive.

There are lots of food safety programs and products out there if you search for them. Most rely on disinfection/sanitization of the surfaces (floors, tables, equipment) with approved products and frequency. Cold temperatures slow bacterial , viral, and fungicidal growth but do not eliminate it. Good luck.

wanshah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by monoblocker View Post
    Dear All,

in designing the special space require Humidication and cooling pls refer to ASHRAE guideline if you are not sure .. ask the Consultant .. a lot of think to read...talking about controlling humidity and temperature...

all the best...