Blitz-Dem Guest

Exclamation New Guy Needs Some Advice

Hello & thanks for looking at my post... im in a conundrum ... iv been working with a local guy in refrigeration i worked for 2 months working all over london & the uk.. servicing,fitting,repairing,trouble-shooting & basic diagnostics on williams fridges & fosters just to name a few.. also done some rewiring for some digital systems ..so i think i was thrown in at the deep end straight away ..which is a good thing because its opened up my eyes to the whole spectrum of the refrigeration industry ... i really enjoyed it ...but due to my boss being on a power trip he let me go due to no fault of my own ... guess he didn't want me to excel he just wanted help doing all his service calls thru the summer... anyway its a long story,.. but now im unemployed ...but with a new out look on the industry,, iv been looking into courses .. like 5-8-15 day courses cover all the main aspects of refrigeration & the f-gas handling ... just wanted some of your views on these courses & maybe some advice on the best way of keeping me on track to excel in this industry ... ..back to the courses!>> i was goner take the 15 day course just to maximize my experience i can get from a course ... just wanted to know could i go & get work easily enough afterwards? i know theirs a big gap for engineers in & around essex & london ..would any one be able to guide me or even wanna take me on as a trainee after i do the course in september? ..i hope to hear from you guys soon & maybe talk more & brush up on a few more other questions? ... thanks once again & most appreciated

Im Sure We've All Been Here Before?

Re: New Guy Needs Some Advice

If i were you id start cold calling companies and explain your situation to them see what response you get. Also i cant say ive ever been on one of the courses your referring to but i would say get a job as a trainee at a company then look a doing a nvq instead im sure this would be a more solid qualification

I agree, Tech cert 2 & 3 followed by NVQ is much better than all these short courses. Some colleges provide part time Tech cert courses. Just google a bit

And you are right, it can be struggle!

hi how did you get on?
    im looking at doing one of those courses you mention have you found work?
    please help
    Dean