Glycol water valves

Hi guys;

I need this information urgently. Can you please tell me what type of valves are used for glycol water systems. Is there a flange type solenoid valve for water glycol ? If not what valve are we suppose to use with glycol water that has a same function as solenoid valve. I really would appreciate if you mention some good manufacturers of glycol water valves with high quality. Please Guys I need Your Help On This One.

Best Regards;
    Eng AB

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Glycol water valves

You should be able to use most valves with glycol, what do you have available?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Glycol water valves

Don't use valves wich goes open/closes with very fast like a refrigerant SV. This can cause serious liquid hammers in the lines due to the sudden stopped water velocity in the tubes.

It's better to use slow opening valves (butterfly opened with a slow running servo motor, a heated motor which pushes against a piston,...)
    We use those of Nibco. www.nibco.com and press fittings. Installing goes very fast with these fittings.
    We mainly use them because they're good and very nearby us is a supplier which hold many of these valves in stock.

For defrosting, we install a bypass over the coil with a small inline electrical heater and a small auxillary pump. As far as I know, an own 'invention'
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.