Choosing a fridge freezer

Hi I need to buy a new FF.Fridge space more important than freezer.Any makes to avoid,or hunt down? Favourite so far is AEG S75348KG98 due to price and 5 year warranty.Should I look any further?AEG comes out about 550 pounds with discount codes.Masny thanks for any input

D

Re: Choosing a fridge freezer

I'd buy the most basic one i could find with a good energy rating, with no electronics or frost free rubbish in it. I would try and avoid one with R600a as a refrigerant too.
    I'm not advisiing you this is what you should do, its just what i'd look for in a domestic fridge.

I'd be seroiusly tempted to make one myself though now i come to think of it.

Dustyking, as monkey says steer clear of electronics however most fridge freezers are just that way now.Oh.. my opinion, seperate fridge and freezer( chest type) works for me

Support Monkey Spanner's comment. Note that some "plain" fridges have a little fan to help air circulation, but no electronics (mechanical thermostat and door/light/fan switch) and the rear wall is the evaporator (cooling part) - ideal. I was In the same situation recently as my R12 one was crumbling to the floor: compared two nearly identical fridges in a shop: fan version was deffinitely MORE efficient: A class, without electronics. Another thing an external condenser has better air flow and less heat insulation problems - but more likely to be damaged in transport etc.

Momo,external condensors were phased out on domestic fridges over 10 years ago, on this side of the planet anyway. definately a shame as they were the best!

Buy the fridge that your wife likes, that fits into her kitchen design what ever, she has to live with and use it. It will save a lot of greif.