Thread: Catch 22

Catch 22

Hello all

I have a query

Was made redundant last year from the amusement manufacturing industry, it’s been a steady downward spiral for the last 10 years and I want to make a career change at 45, so scary stuff .

I have taken advantage of the REACT training and I am now the proud owner of a CAT 1 Fgas certification all shiny and new, along with a few C&G in the Automotive air conditioning side of things.

Now my question after the long preamble is how to I actually get a job in HVAC, I seem to be in limbo too old to be considered an “apprentice” to inexperienced to be considered for a engineers job, at 45 I like to think my heads screwed on correctly poses common sense, have a good work attitude but can’t get my foot into any doors.

I have even written to a few local companies’ offering myself for free just to gain some experience, not one has replied not even with a thanks but no thanks!

So here I am certificated, eager to work, want to work but can’t get a job, I know the economy’s gone to pot but when even free labours turned down what else is a chap too do?

I would literally work anywhere in the UK or even further afield if required I am based near Cardiff South Wales.

If anyone has any ideas or pointers I would gratefully receive them

Re: Catch 22

Sorry to be blunt but its all in your head, you need help!
    There is no catch at all, get some help from a life coach,
    learn how to change your approach, don't send letters, go there in person.

It sound that you got what it takes to do the job except a few mental obstacles which you cant jump on your own.

I have been there many years ago and all the doors opened after I have made some mental changes.

Cant help you more from where I am. All I can do is wish you the best of luck.