could you help me pls.

Hello guys im starting on my own and i bet you have heard all this before but i would like some help and i would like some pointers on this please any ideas on what i should charge and just the general things like that and a good company name thats catchy. many thanks .

Re: could you help me pls.

Quote Originally Posted by adamacrinstall View Post
    Hello guys im starting on my own and i bet you have heard all this before but i would like some help and i would like some pointers on this please any ideas on what i should charge and just the general things like that and a good company name thats catchy. many thanks .
    You could do a search on here of similar posts to see what has been advised before.

Pricing wise you could phone around local companies, or you could work out how much you need to live on, how much your van purchase/servicing/fuel, tools, insurance, tax, feckups, holidays, accountants, invoicing, printing, bad debts, training, advertising, phone bills, waste licences, work wear/safety gear, etc etc etc will cost you.

If you are working for someone now you could do a lot worse than price up the jobs you do daily as practice, you will be surprised how much it costs to do stuff and sometimes how little you make. Many people start out too cheap.
    If someone seems a bit dodgy, don't work for them, better sit on your ass than fit stuff you won't get paid for...

Jon

thanks i will do that i have had a price for public liabilty insurance and its £2000 any ideas if thats good or bad??

Quote Originally Posted by adamacrinstall View Post
    thanks i will do that i have had a price for public liabilty insurance and its £2000 any ideas if thats good or bad??
    Sounds a similar figure to what we are paying, make sure they know all the types of work you will be doing and the tools you will be using, no good having insurance that work pay out becuase they didn't know you use an oxy acetylene or grinder etc and the types of customers you will be working for, i think we have had to up our cover to 5 million for one site we look after.

I would recomend the NFU for insurance, we have our vans with them also, you get to go see an actual person rather than it all being over the phone, and if you are lucky, you get to fit all their aircon for the office refurb

Jon

Thats good with the insurance bit i said about the oxy acetylene got that in but for clients im not sure what type im going to be doing i have cover for 1m i will try nfu. And see what they can do i have a citroen dispatch van the insurance will be with 4 yrs ncd £340 but i have 5yrs i just found out today.