Williebarn Guest

Formula Sheets for all volume, air,amp an kw

Hi, im looking for a calc sheet of some sort for myself an any junior staff to keep on hand to refer to when having to work out air volumes, amp ratings ect!!! If any1 could suggest something that would be great!

Re: Formula Sheets for all volume, air,amp an kw

Quote Originally Posted by Williebarn View Post
    Hi, im looking for a calc sheet of some sort for myself an any junior staff to keep on hand to refer to when having to work out air volumes, amp ratings ect!!! If any1 could suggest something that would be great!
    I am sorry but I don't understand what exactly you are asking for.
    Are you asking for a given volume of air being moved the anticipated current drawn by a Fan?
    Please provide a more detailed request and I am sure members of this forum will be glad to assist.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Give them a set of the Fan Laws, airflow and pressure measuring equipment,amp probe and a calculator.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Williebarn Guest

Hi, sorry if my question was unclear, im looking for a formula sheet of some sort that will help our guys with working out firstly the area of what ever duct type they would be measuring eg - circle, sphere ect, then after measuring the airflow for them to know how to work out the meters cube or liters cube, so basically some sort of guide that the can keep in hand with most of the formula's they would need to balance air.

Also some sort of formula sheet that would help them with converting eg watts to kilowatts, or to work out the rated amps for a motor when they just know what the kilowatt of the motor is.

Hope that is more clear, my first language is afrikaans an sometimes i struggle in english to get my point across

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If they can't use a calculator or a piece of paper to obtain those results then they need better training.

Can you not do something in a spreadsheet for them?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Williebarn View Post
    Hi, sorry if my question was unclear, im looking for a formula sheet of some sort that will help our guys with working out firstly the area of what ever duct type they would be measuring eg - circle, sphere ect, then after measuring the airflow for them to know how to work out the meters cube or liters cube, so basically some sort of guide that the can keep in hand with most of the formula's they would need to balance air.

Also some sort of formula sheet that would help them with converting eg watts to kilowatts, or to work out the rated amps for a motor when they just know what the kilowatt of the motor is.

Hope that is more clear, my first language is afrikaans an sometimes i struggle in english to get my point across
    To calculate duct area:
    Circular = r2 x Pi (22/7)
    Rectangular = W x H
    To calculate volume flow:
    Area x Velocity
    To convert Watts to Kilowatts:
    Watts / 1000
    To calculate Amp draw for a motor:
    Watts / Volts