GAH filter driers

hi,

does anyone know an alternative source of supply for the GAH "T" flow type of drier? (other than GAH that is)

cheers,
    djbe.

Re: GAH filter driers

Quote Originally Posted by djbe View Post
    hi,

does anyone know an alternative source of supply for the GAH "T" flow type of drier? (other than GAH that is)

cheers,
    djbe.
    UK Distributor is C.A.R.S UK in stoke on trent.01782 823333

Thanks for the quick reply, will give them a call on monday.

regards,djbe

Just remember that there are 2 different types one type "kmp" and the other is"Gah" own , both look the same but have different threads look out for colour of sticker on drier, generally the olderones would be "kmp"

It's the black "gah" one that I want, I can't believe they have them specifically made just for them?

Its not just the colour of the drier, check colour of sticker Green= gah, Blue is kmp thread. If possible it may be cheaper to get "kmp sight glass and use kmp filter ? Copper pipe is same diameter.

The best source for the GAH drier(s) is GAH themselves.

There are two styles, the 'T' Flow drier which is either a green canister, or a black canister with a green sticker which will hold the part number 024-18612.

For reference the reason GAH had their own drier made was due to failure of supplier of the KMP WTD T flow drier during Parkers aquisition of Virginia. And as it happens, the GAH T flow is CHEAPER than the KMP.

The second style is the Drier C/W Site glass. Also black in colour, but has a white sticker with the part number 024-19651.

If you need one, just phone GAH, think we currently retail them out at £30, unlike the KMP which generally retails at £40 and you'd need to buy the site glass as well.

And GAH have NO distributor network for their parts.
    Last edited by Bond; 07-08-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: comment on distributors added

Quote Originally Posted by Bond View Post

And GAH have NO distributor network for their parts.
    Revisited this thread and had to reply having experienced the excellent GAH parts ordering experience over the last few months - NOT!!

Perhaps they should consider HAVING a distributor network for their parts.

Now I remember why I was looking for an alternative supplier for the driers.

Maybe they live in a different world to most of us but believe me waiting several days for instock parts when I can get VOR parts from Carrier and Thermo King next day is not the way to promote the product.

I have only one answer to my customers who run mixed fleets of TK, Carrier and GAH. Who are screaming at me to get their units running asap.

Unfortunately that is don't buy GAH.

Shame really because I would love to support a British product (even if it does include some pretty shoddy chinese parts) but until they sort themselves out I can't.

Bond, I would guess from your avatar you are associated with GAH in some way? If you are pass it on

Rant over have a nice day

regards,
    djbe.

yes i change the head,valcon is cheaper,gah having me by the shorts is no way to play the game!! get real you will learn put your one off stuff in independent wholesalers discount it to them WOW you will move a lot more stock,otherwise your product name will vanish,time is money we need to be able to repair equipment fast! learn from the end user {they wont buy equipment if parts are not available quick]zanotti truck units see yeh.

GAH parts supply.
    Not good.
    Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    yes i change the head,valcon is cheaper.
    I think that is the best answer. Doesn't help with the drier they do with the sight glass built in though.

Quote Originally Posted by TimSaxon View Post
    GAH parts supply.
    Not good.
    Simples!
    Says it all, glad it's not just me that think they are a shower.

Could you show some pictures of the "GAH?" We have no such animal over here on this side of the pond.
    Last edited by abbsnowman; 03-07-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Sorry Bond, just looked up on your user profile and see that you are the "Sales and Parts Manager for GAH"

The buck stops with you buddy, what have you got to say to us guys that are serious about our business?

Quote Originally Posted by abbsnowman View Post
    Could you show some pictures of the "GAH?" We have no such animal over here on this side of the pond.
    Sent you a PM Abbs, but you are lucky not to be tainted with them. Believe me they are working in a time before having something fixed sameday was invented.

silly question but why dont you just cut out the t-flow and fit a standard 3/8 or 1/2" (cant remember what they are) drier and inline sightglass. Is it a space issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    silly question but why dont you just cut out the t-flow and fit a standard 3/8 or 1/2" (cant remember what they are) drier and inline sightglass. Is it a space issue ?
    Yeah it is a space issue, I think Cadwaladr has the best idea of fitting a Valcon T flow head and drier.

Thats what I am going to do in future, higher expense first time but savings in cost and convenience on any future drier changes.

regards,
    djbe.

Shame really because I would love to support a British product (even if it does include some pretty shoddy chinese parts) but until they sort themselves out I can't.
    We buy no shoddy chinese parts, well actually that is untrue we've just had a valve manufactured there, but there is nothing shoddy about that.

Bond, I would guess from your avatar you are associated with GAH in some way? If you are pass it on
    I used to be the Parts Manager, as it goes, although looking from the date of your post your troubles have come after my moving on to the Purchasing department (hence knowing about where we source our goods)

Rant over have a nice day
    If anyone has troubles, just drop me a note directly. I dont visit the forum often, being in my own world and all that, but I will always try and help.

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    gah having me by the shorts is no way to play the game!! get real you will learn put your one off stuff in
    If you actually read the original response, the manufacture of our own drier was to solve a supply issue, Parker dropped the T Flow as soon as they aquired KMP, the altered thread was to ensure there were no come backs regarding copy etc We had proposed changing the drier completely, but we thought of all you guys who wanted to run your businesses properly and fix fridges quickly and decided a drier that can be fitted straight away in replacement by changing the site glass was a far better idea than requiring large pipework changes to accomodate a completely new drier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond View Post
    We buy no shoddy chinese parts, well actually that is untrue we've just had a valve manufactured there, but there is nothing shoddy about that.

I used to be the Parts Manager, as it goes, although looking from the date of your post your troubles have come after my moving on to the Purchasing department (hence knowing about where we source our goods)

If anyone has troubles, just drop me a note directly. I dont visit the forum often, being in my own world and all that, but I will always try and help.
    Hi Bond,

Nice to see you have responded, I am sending you a PM.

cheers,
    djbe.

Hi Bond,

cheers,
    djbe.
    Gary is an honourable man and I am more than sure he is committed to doing the very best he can. And I love him like a Brother..

Quote Originally Posted by multisync View Post
    Gary is an honourable man and I am more than sure he is committed to doing the very best he can. And I love him like a Brother..
    As long as it's only like a brother!!:

Hi Bond,

cheers,
    djbe.
    Received and replied with thanks

Thank you Bro

Gary is an honourable man and I am more than sure he is committed to doing the very best he can.
    Having received a response from him today, I would have to agree with you.

Thank you Bond.
    Last edited by djbe; 29-07-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: "i before e , except after c" remember that from school! doh!