jonesy@brum Guest

starting college soon and have a few questions

Hi everyone I am starting college in september and then hopefully when i get a few qualies under my belt I will get a trainee job , I am getting on with my brazing and pipebending at the moment which is not to bad , i have done a few days work here and there with my mates dad as a labourer but he is a subbie and cannot afford to take me on at the mo. any way here are my questions when you check the gas in the lines with the gauges what pressures should you look for on air con units as they all seem to have differnent gas inside and which is better as a job fridges or air con , and which books are best to learn from i have refrigeration euipment by a c byrant its okay but i need somthing a bit more basic as i am starting off

Re: starting college soon and have a few questions

A good book is Modern a/c and refrigeration
    As for pressures you'll learn themas you go as temperature is the main thing to be looking at
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...+refrigeration

Hi, my mate got this Kotza thingy... You get a book an a CD ROM to work thru, it shows you a system and asks you questions about it its really good ( but its about a oner!!!!) Are u goin to SBC???

You need to learn from an old grey haired service tech that has 34 years in the field!!!!