tatoski Guest

Kirloskar Compressors

Hi to all. This is my first post here and I would like to ask about the performance of Kirloskar KCX recip compressors compared to say Grasso RC series and Mycom. Planned installation would be for an onion cold storage at 0 deg C and ambient condensing temp of 35 deg C. Here in the Philippines most of the Onion storage facilities use Grasso and Mycom brands. I have read that a lot or most of the cold storages in India use Kirloskar maybe because it is a local brand and they patronize their own but just wanted to know how it performs in terms of reliability and performace (COP). I do not even know if the brand is carried here by a local distributor. I have searched the net but found none carrying the brand. Thanks!

Re: Kirloskar Compressors

Tatoski,
    Kirloskar-Copeland Was taken over By Emerson Climate in the Year 2006. Now those compressors KCE, KCN,etc comes under the brand name of Emerson. So you can check it up with Your Local Emerson Office. You can compare the performance specs of both the compressor and decide accordingly. By the way I have seen these series compressor working well in Bottle cooler and other medium temperature applications.

tatoski Guest

Thank you Sendhilkmar! I'll try to look for it in the net. Kirloskar brand is not famous here in the Phhilippines I wonder why.

jimbob292 Guest

When you buy one Kirloskar compressor you normally get another one free, as they are guaranteed to fail.

I've ripped out several installations with
    Kirloskar and fitted Sabroe, in short you get what you pay for!

salvinspares Guest

hi all contact me for Kirloskar/Grasso parts.(replacement parts) my company name is salvin industrial engieers

KIRLOSKAR & KCL both these companies are indepedent & have different product range . However , it is not clear if you are plan to use NH3 refrigerant . KC series are used on large nh3 applications ( for meat & potato storages etc)
    Hence if you plan to use this refrigerant , please send me PM : ddk0123@gmail.com & i will give you more details on compressors .

Kirloskar "kcx" series compressors are the fantastic one in performance; provided the system should be best designed.

Kirloskar copeland (presently emerson) is different than kirloskar pneumatics, that manufacture kcx industrial compressors.

Regards.

Priti

prabhu Guest

Thumbs up Re: Kirloskar Compressors

Quote Originally Posted by tatoski View Post
    Hi to all. This is my first post here and I would like to ask about the performance of Kirloskar KCX recip compressors compared to say Grasso RC series and Mycom. Planned installation would be for an onion cold storage at 0 deg C and ambient condensing temp of 35 deg C. Here in the Philippines most of the Onion storage facilities use Grasso and Mycom brands. I have read that a lot or most of the cold storages in India use Kirloskar maybe because it is a local brand and they patronize their own but just wanted to know how it performs in terms of reliability and performace (COP). I do not even know if the brand is carried here by a local distributor. I have searched the net but found none carrying the brand. Thanks!
    Dear Sir
    Yes, you cancontact Red Coin Trading Company in Phillipines for Kirloskar Compressors.
    We have few installation in Phillipines with Kirloskar Compressors and you can get their reference from him.
    Kirloskar Compressors are leaders in INDIA but also with significant presence in Middle East , Southeast Asia, Australia, and they are expanding all over World looking for right partners. you can visit them at www.kirloskarkpcl.com
    KIRLOSKAR is a very respectable brand in INDIA and you can trust them.
    They are the best in range, performance, price, total cost of ownership and are the best choice. If you are planning to try these comrpessors go ahead and you will be delighted.
    thanks and all the best.

hi , tatoski. i know this is a very dated post. just out of curiosity, did you proceed with purchase of kirloskar compressors ? any feedback ? our plant use rc 411 and rc 612, and are quite satisfied with their performance. we also have a mycom and sabroe unit, all recips.

system design plays a very strong & important role the life span of compressors ......... a bad application engineering & wrong piping design will ruin the best of the compressors ......