Rob_Quads Guest

Hotpoint FF200E - Fridge too warm - Flap blocking air

Our FF200E fridge has started to not drop in temp. After reading posts on this forum i read about the fozen ICE issue. I took a look and while there is some ICE there is not much. I have gotten rid of it all which hopefully will make it more effective.

In the fridge there is a panel at the back which I have removed to expose the two vents to the freezer section. The top one has cold out coming out of it which does start to bring down the temp BUT when I put the panel back on I noticed you can't feel the air coming through.
    At the top of the panel there appears to be some flap which is closed (has some wires coming out of it) This is blocking the fridge working.

Could this be the fridge not sensing the temp right and not letting the cold air in?

Any ideas?

Rob_Quads Guest

Re: Hotpoint FF200E - Fridge too warm - Flap blocking air

Update:

After further investigation. If I disconnect the baffle for a few minutes and then connect it up again, it runs for about 30 seconds which opens and closes the baffle but then it remains closed. - What controls when it opens?

The only other sensor I can see if the one in the port back to the freezer but can't see any easy access to the wires for it or see what its connected to

did you find a solution for this problem
    hello its me

Rob_Quads Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    did you find a solution for this problem
    Yup - Working as designed. After thinking about it more logically and noticing that it was open when i closed the door and opened it few minutes later its so that when you open the door it blocks off the air from the freezer i.e. if you leave your fridge open it does not let all the cold air from the freeze go.

After a good 24h the fridge was down around the 5-8 degrees only once we had it filled up again around a week later was it then sitting nicely at 4/5 degrees all the time.

Now its all working fine i.e. the initial problem was the ICE covering the vent for the fridge, once that was sorted I just needed to give it time to properly cool back down again