Question Mitsi City Multi VS Daikin VRV

Hi There,

I've installed quite a few city multi systems in the past and got recently to install a couple of Daikin VRV systems.

I found the mitsi system a lot easier and quicker to install. The BC box system pipework is easy to oversee, two pipes for the mains and then the pipesize off the bc box depending on the indoor unit size. Only for the slave bc box three pipes.
    Generally the mains to the box are smaller, as with Daikin the pipesize reduces the closer you get to the last unit. Sometimes it is a bit confusing with the various different pipesizes, three refnets for one bs box could have up to nine different sizes!
    I also found the pipe length restrictions a lot easier to calculate and better suited for larger commercial buildings with mitsi.
    I'm not too sure about the price for each system, but it seems you need more gear for the Daikin system, i.e. more bs boxes, refnets.
    For servicing the mitsi dip switch system seemed easier(can't remember how the Daikin system is called).
    I never had any big problems with any of the systems but found the service and training provided by Daikin a lot better.
    I would greatly appreciate any input from other installers and maybe some technical background why one or the other system is better.

Cheers

Sumsor

Re: Mitsi City Multi VS Daikin VRV

Quote Originally Posted by sumsor View Post
    Hi There,

I never had any big problems with any of the systems but found the service and training provided by Daikin a lot better.
    The training or service has nothing to do whit the quality of the product, it has everything to do whit the local importer, sales center or management.

In Belgium we have a women at the service and training center for Mitsubishi, boy is she clever.
    I wisch i had her brains add to mine.

Ice

Quote Originally Posted by icecube51 View Post
    The training or service has nothing to do whit the quality of the product, it has everything to do whit the local importer, sales center or management.

In Belgium we have a women at the service and training center for Mitsubishi, boy is she clever.
    I wisch i had her brains add to mine.

Ice

Hi Ice,

thanks for the reply.
    I've done a big Mitsi City Multi system three years ago(40 CUs and 200+FCUs) and they didn't even provide us with any training(there weren't any courses available). I've spent weeks reading the service manuals.
    A few month ago I started with my new company and they've send me to installer and maintenance courses straight away. Before I started the VRV installs.
    It might not have anything to do with the quality of the product, but for me as an installer it makes my life a lot easier.
    Phoning the technical support and getting friendly and good advice is the right backup for a puality product.
    But you are right, that might be down to the local importer.

Cheers

Sumsor

OK, just home from a Daikin VRV, and yes again trouble whit the inverter.
    had to change the 4 PCB's before that piece of s**T would start.
    The tech from Daikin was there for a 1 hour and left because of timesortage. can you believe that!!! So i stick whit mi client and opend the box of Pandora. 3 hours and that F******g piece of s**t is running now, but the noise i get from the comps is not the sound i like to here. So, i will be back sooner than i think.

Ice

Quote Originally Posted by icecube51 View Post
    OK, just home from a Daikin VRV, and yes again trouble whit the inverter.
    had to change the 4 PCB's before that piece of s**T would start.
    The tech from Daikin was there for a 1 hour and left because of timesortage. can you believe that!!! So i stick whit mi client and opend the box of Pandora. 3 hours and that F******g piece of s**t is running now, but the noise i get from the comps is not the sound i like to here. So, i will be back sooner than i think.

Ice

Hi Ice,

sounds like a common problem with Daikin, I've read a lot about inverter problems on RE.

its an the ondestroyeble inverteritis virus.
    (LOL)

Ice