I'm training in canada currently in the last 2 months of the work experience aspect to I can write my level 5 power engineering ticket. It's with refrigeration endorsement. Anyways im hoping to take HVAC soon, but the earliest I can get into a course here is sept. 2011.

At the moment im working in a industrial plant we work with ammonia over 10 000+ pounds. I'm currently acting under the chief engineer. But the way our shifts are set up here Im never on with another engineer so I rarely get any training. Honestly to be fair besides 3 months maintainance we just finished were I helped rebuild a few recips and boosters, all my knowledge has been self taught or verbal. I know I know this is a bad way to learn and I dont like it but its my current In.

Anyways my question here is I want to learn more and im thinking about taking HVAC and leaving the industrial side or at least I want to experience the other sides of it and see what I like best. Maybe ill come back to industrial who knows. Besides HVAC and taking into account my current skills whats a good area or course or anything really to help me further understand and learn. Obviously I like the refrigeration part of it. And im thinking maybe going the route of refrigeration mechanic but id rather see and learn other stuff first and look into that later. Is their any other courses you can think of? Or even better know of any good places to train at, in the BC area preferably Vancouver Island? Thanks