purplyblue Guest

very cold Candy Fridge Freezer please help...

I have a Candy fridge freezer, about 3 years old, no model it just says 'A CLASS'.
    The freezer freezes rock solid, and the fridge ices up at the back. I've got the setting on the warmest possible, just a bit higher than where it clicks off on the dial. I just need to be able to run it a bit warmer, the compressor's on nearly all the time (it does cut out sometimes) so must be costing me a lot to run. Even this weather I have to leave the ice cream to thaw for half an hour or can't use it!
    I think from a previous thread, it may be the sensor. I can't see where this is though, not inside anywhere, is it buried in back insulation? can it be the thermostat if the compressor cuts out sometimes? The wires to the sensor etc, and mains lead, all go into the back centre at the top.
    Can I do anything with this? otherwise it'll be off to the tip..... I'm an engineer, not refrigeration of course, but can do basic electrics too, so will have a go, last attempt to save it from landfill, but don't want to spend a lot as it's a cheap model.
    Any suggestions please?

Re: very cold Candy Fridge Freezer please help...

use a multi meter on the thermostat and see if it does break the circut when you turn it completely around to the warmest setting, I suspect the thermostat is the incorrect one or has moved from where it should be.