Compare Daikin VRV and Toshiba VRF

Dear All,

I am new here and read many of ur posts. Some wonderfull info. U all Rock!!

Kinda need ur help/ views on the following:-
    Compare Daikin VRV With Toshiba VRF on following points:-
    1)Comparison between their twin rotary and inverter scroll technology
    2)Power consumption- who's better and why
    3)Reliability- who's better and why

Re: Compare Daikin VRV and Toshiba VRF

all i can tell you is
    in the last year i've fitted 4 toshiba twins (15 on site)
    and 1 daikin scroll (around 50 on site)
    the toshiba comps seem to break down quite often plus there is the down side that if one goes so does the other a bit like a tv/dvd combi

try to compaire Daikin vs Mitsubishi,
    we have 20 Daikin on site, this year changed 4 inverter comps and dito pcb's, mitsubishi 35 on site, changed 2 comps last year. 1 was a simple split of 2Kw and had 78 mtr of tubing, O.U on the 13# floor/ roof, I.U on 1# floor, than they askt, do you get many comps broken??

get it??

Ice

i have found the new toshiba product to work quite well, some silly sensor problems may occur due to the over tightening of cableties around the sensor cables from the factory. Snipping them off tends to work, sometimes the sensor may need to be replaced.

Ice,

Interesting to hear, we changed 3 VRV Daikin compressors the last 1,5 year and apparently, they never faced this problems before in the past. Seems now that you're also the first one
    Are it each time the VRV compressors you have to change like we do?
    Units are from 2004 and client has +/- 11 VRV units.

Mitsubishi Electric: 3 compressors (2 grounded and 1 inside broken), all on multisplit systems.
    Those you changed, also on multisplits? What was the fault on those?

Klant houdt zijn hart reeds vast als er iedere 6 maand één zal breken in de toekomst. Ik ben altijd de eerste als er iets breekt..mo, we hebben dat nog nooit voor gehad. Je ziet wel....
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    Klant houdt zijn hart reeds vast als er iedere 6 maand één zal breken in de toekomst. Ik ben altijd de eerste als er iets breekt..mo, we hebben dat nog nooit voor gehad. Je ziet wel....
    Este tío es un cachondo

Dear all,
    I appreciate your quick response. But Can anybody compare twin rotary inverter comp and inverter scroll comp specifically. Also toshiba has al inverter compressor against daikin which has both inverter and standard compressor- what effect does this have?

Sólo estoy bromeando entre 2 técnicos de Bélgica, que al parecer tanto que la experiencia de la primera todos estos "nuevos" problemas
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ik was ook een grapje
    Google translators are awful, try making Spanish friends next time

Regards,

Nando.

Quote Originally Posted by fri3oil system View Post
    ik was ook een grapje
    google translators are awful, try making spanish friends next time

regards,

nando.
    गूगल अनुवादक भयंकर हैं

HVACR99 Guest

For me must better is YORK Brand VRF

Daikin is the best, reliable & low power consumption.Go for best in the market even if its cost higher as in long run it will work out cheaper.
    Why comparision?

Thanks for you response. I would appareciate if you could also comment on the effect of twin rotory compressors on the overall efficiency of Toshiba and how..... Also in comparison with daikin which is more efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by sachin230 View Post
    Daikin is the best, reliable & low power consumption.Go for best in the market even if its cost higher as in long run it will work out cheaper.
    Why comparision?
    I assume you can back up such claims..?

Whilst Daikin is the probably the biggest in the market -this forum is always having new threads about a Daikin problem so best, reliable may need quantifying

We have a site with noth and in all honesty there is little to choose from although Toshiba has a better onboard diagnostics and their dyno doctor is better than Daikins service checker..

Don't write off Toshiba as inferior to Daikin unless you can prove it

Quote Originally Posted by sachin230 View Post
    Why comparision?
    I assume you can back up such claims..?

Whilst Daikin is the probably the biggest in the market -this forum is always having new threads about a Daikin problem so best, reliable may need quantifying

We have a site with both and in all honesty there is little to choose from

Toshiba has a better onboard diagnostics with real time data and their dyno doctor is better/cheaper than Daikins service checker..

Don't write off Toshiba as inferior to Daikin unless you can prove it

vrf tech Guest

Not sure where u get you data from but the differance with the two systems are that the toshiba run two dc rotary inverter compressors where as some daiken models in australia are runnung one fixed compressor this effects daikens after service where the toshibas can continue to run with one compressor

vrf tech Guest

Also toshiba's part load performance will beat all competitors in the market look into it if you have not checked before

I agree just finished changining out a daikin compressor not an absolute pain but compared to the toshiba the toshiba is easier to work to than the daikin and the self diagonstic is better than the daikin.

I wish to correct you. even for Daikin it is possible to bypass the broken comp and run the system on other left comp. This is done by field seeting.

Better in self diagnosis... pls elaborate in depth

Quote Originally Posted by wierdo View Post
    I wish to correct you. even for Daikin it is possible to bypass the broken comp and run the system on other left comp. This is done by field seeting.
    OK, but you have to read the manual.
    Its says that if you by-pass the broken compressor, the inverter one, the other compressor(s) may not run longer than 48 hrs, because of possible damage.
    So, you are not able to do a quick solution for the client, if you don't have a spare inverter comp at hand.
    Also the binairy setup before you reach this by-pass point is terrible. They count in binairy languise,2-4-8-16-32 and so on. Take Hitachi for instance, change one small switch on the outside pcb, the sw4,and done in a second.
    For a simple split it is manageble, but for the VRV's its hell. Than we are not even talking about the VRV2 /VRV3, the 2 ore 3 pipes, they are all different systems.
    Hitachi and Mitsubischi keeps the same PCB's and controles, they just ad some more possebillitys.

Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    Ice,

Interesting to hear, we changed 3 VRV Daikin compressors the last 1,5 year and apparently, they never faced this problems before in the past. Seems now that you're also the first one
    Are it each time the VRV compressors you have to change like we do?
    Units are from 2004 and client has +/- 11 VRV units.

Mitsubishi Electric: 3 compressors (2 grounded and 1 inside broken), all on multisplit systems.
    Those you changed, also on multisplits? What was the fault on those?

One Mitsubishi VRV, still on R22 whit 26000running hrs, and one on Mitsubichi split, whit a total pipe lenght of 74mtrs. indoor on first floor small serverroom and outdoor on rooftop 13# floor.
    the comp was not broken, but after 5 years of doing his ultimate best, he had no more enough power to pump the refrig back up.
    The Daikin comps all at the same site, all du to a dirty N line. We have mesured and logged the line's and neutral, and when there are to many portebals plugd in, the N line is no longer clean and the PCB's are in trouble whit the inverterfrequency, whitch give a disturbence in the forcefield of the running comp.
    After a wile the PCB is giving up and the compressor fails.
    Same phenomenon on an other site whit Hitachi or Mitsubishi, and everything stays normal, no trouble at all.

So take it as you like it, but i think my share of the biggest brand in the hole wide world.

Ice
    Last edited by icecube51; 10-07-2010 at 10:39 PM.

vrf tech Guest

i hear what you are saying yes the daiken does have some suitability for after service but it is limited to which compressor fails and there is a time factor for how long they can run where as the Toshibas can run for as long as needed but at reduced capacity of 75% where daiken when it can run it is only 65% for a short time period