Tim Mead Guest

Beko AP930 Ice maker problem

Hi.

I have a Beko AP930x FF

We had a few problems with it and after an engineer replaced just about every component it worked fine again.

Shortly after, the ice maker stopped producing ice. We had a brand new, spare ice making unit left over from the engineer - so I replaced it myself. Still no ice.

It was soon after this that we noticed a leak from the bottom of the freezer. I pulled all the drawers out and found that water was collecting at the bottom of the freezer and freezing (obviously!) The puddle would grow until the water spilled out the bottom. I got rid of the ice deposit a few times but it kept reforming.

On further investigation I caught the ice maker going through the motions of making ice - i.e. the mechanism was rotating as if to tip ice into the ice drawer but there was no ice in the tray.

If I add 2 and 2 - I'm guessing that the water that should be going into the ice tray to make ice is some-how ending up at the bottom of the freezer, but all other aspects of the system seem to be working.

I have checked the tube that feeds the tray and it seems to be where it should be, does not appear to be blocked and is not frozen up.

Does anybody have any ideas what the problem might be or what I should do/try next?

Many thanks in advance.

Tim.

chauhan Guest

Re: Beko AP930 Ice maker problem

Hi tim I am having a similar problem but what you want to check is this sign ! on the front panel of the left/right side door where it dispences the water and ice and if this displaying then you have leak which is in the door casing itself. I have the leak on the bottom of the left door side and is causing me the same problem. If there is a repair manual fo this model would welcome it