alima Guest

NH3 / R-404 / CO2 / Other ?

Hey all,

I'm really glad that a forum such as this exists. I've read through some of archived threads and got some ideas but still would like to hear what experts think about my problem.

We are at the process of building a food processing plant which will include cold rooms of various kinds. My expertise is insulation so I'll be using polyurethane foam insulation for cooling efficiency. Our cold rooms consist of :
    16144 sqft area @ 5 Fahrenheit
    9680 sqft area @ -12 Fahrenheit
    51375 sqft area @ 52 Fahrenheit

I've talked to various companies and they all told about cons and pros of their favorite systems. Its no suprise that the ones who install NH3 cooling systems say its the best and rest say theirs is the best which pushed me to investigate it myself before deciding.

The plant will be processing fish by the way.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer which cooling system is best for me.

My goal is to install a system which will be feasible in the long run (more than 5 years). I've seen that NH3 systems require higher initial investment than others but also guess they are more cost effective in the long run which beats the initial investment cost difference. What do you think ?

Thanks in advance

Caglar

Blog Entries

Re: NH3 / R-404 / CO2 / Other ?

Hi
    eye gonar

you have multi temperature and you system for fish processing so it is better you go for NH3

Ammonia for sure.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

If you are truely looking at long term savings, then concentrate on your energy process requirements.
    Are you able to use thermal stores, low ambients (at night), reduced energy tariffs, heat recovery and diversity