Danfoss Controller EKC 202

Hi Ya Folks,

I am working on a boat as engineer. I have been having alarm go off on my Danfoss EKC 202 Controller.

I mute the alarm via our ships alarm and monitoring system, I go to the control room and check the EKC Controller and the LEDS are flashing. I look at the temp and the controlller shows the temp are jumping from 0deg C to 12deg C and fluctuating up and down everywhere inbetween and I can here the Solenoid Valve opening and closing as the temps jump above and below the set point of 5.5deg C. I go to the fridge and the temp seems normal.

To me it seems like it is a faulty temp probe, however I find out that recently another engineer has changed out the Temp Probe. However I also have a 30 minute time delay for temp alarm conditions. So could this be controller fault?

What could be causing the alarm to go off?? We just have basic system for this fridge to keep it cool at around setpoint of 5deg C and alarm.

I have now disconnected the wire for the alarm as it was going off at random time and annoying all fellow crew members.

What you professionals think??? Could it be faulty controller? I have a spare, would it be worth the time and effort to change it out and see how things go?

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated from the Pro's who deal with these matters on a day to day basis.

Re: Danfoss Controller EKC 202

Quote Originally Posted by Globe76 View Post
    Hi Ya Folks,

I am working on a boat as engineer. I have been having alarm go off on my Danfoss EKC 202 Controller.

I mute the alarm via our ships alarm and monitoring system, I go to the control room and check the EKC Controller and the LEDS are flashing. I look at the temp and the controlller shows the temp are jumping from 0deg C to 12deg C and fluctuating up and down everywhere inbetween and I can here the Solenoid Valve opening and closing as the temps jump above and below the set point of 5.5deg C. I go to the fridge and the temp seems normal.

To me it seems like it is a faulty temp probe, however I find out that recently another engineer has changed out the Temp Probe. However I also have a 30 minute time delay for temp alarm conditions. So could this be controller fault?

What could be causing the alarm to go off?? We just have basic system for this fridge to keep it cool at around setpoint of 5deg C and alarm.

I have now disconnected the wire for the alarm as it was going off at random time and annoying all fellow crew members.

What you professionals think??? Could it be faulty controller? I have a spare, would it be worth the time and effort to change it out and see how things go?

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated from the Pro's who deal with these matters on a day to day basis.
    check the power supply to the controller,if that is ok,change the controller.