Question How much varies when it comes to differant styles of systems?

I am about six months into transport refrigeration and I wondered about a few minor things.
    I have not yet went to uni but was wondering if all refrigeration cycles were the same.

E.G. walk in refrigeration, domestic refrigeration and factory refrigeration work similar to transport refrigeration?

Ofcorse the travle distance for the refrigerant will vary and the size of the coils. Most of the systems we work with have 42c/260psi (R404A) in the condeser. Does the pressure change (and so the temp.) to reach the distances?

Im guessing the refrigerant will also change?

How much varies when it comes to differant styles of systems?

Re: How much varies when it comes to differant styles of systems?

I am also interested in transport refrigeration. Is there any text book suggested to start transport refrigeration?

Quote Originally Posted by jakabus View Post
    I am about six months into transport refrigeration and I wondered about a few minor things.
    I have not yet went to uni but was wondering if all refrigeration cycles were the same.

E.G. walk in refrigeration, domestic refrigeration and factory refrigeration work similar to transport refrigeration?

Ofcorse the travle distance for the refrigerant will vary and the size of the coils. Most of the systems we work with have 42c/260psi (R404A) in the condeser. Does the pressure change (and so the temp.) to reach the distances?

Im guessing the refrigerant will also change?

How much varies when it comes to differant styles of systems?

The manuals published by Carrier Transicold and by Thermoking are probably the best source on the current realities.

But there is not great difference between transport in the "container" sense an commercial refrigeration for spaces at the corresponding temperatures: there is a great deal more smarts to the electronices because the container may need to be minus 10 this morning and 40-degF this afternoon...and of course there are lubrication and cooling issues with bouncing both a small diesel engine and a compressor over bumps on the road and side to side at a regular rhythm while at sea.

darkside Guest

im only a parts changer so i could be way off. The optimum head pressure for r404a is 42degrees celsius, so no the pressures do not change depending on system as such. You will have greater pressure drop the longer the hose run. As for saying the refrigerant will change, im not sure i understand the question. No the state of the refrigerant should not change varying from system to system and you can use many different refrigerants for different applications. Is this a trick question?? Why not ask your tradesman about this, im sure he would be able to help you out.

Good condensing temperature is inbetween 42c-38c

I'm just really really eager to learn thats all

hmmmm.... i would say..... if you draw your refrigeration or aircon system on paper in a schematic drawing..... 90% of fridges/aircons will look very similar..... but go put your paperwork and match it to the different components... and things can look extremely different :P.... but yeah generally they all work the same way, just different components have different ways of doing the same thing...... you will learn lots at college