Carrier Roof Top

I recently had a call on a 48TFE007 and I had to change the compressor. My pressures wouldn't get right so I cleaned the cils and they were better. I called Carrier Tegh support and was tod to start the unit without the blower and one of the feeders did not frost so I was told that I had to replace the headrer, so I did. I recharged and tried again, better pressures but still not right. I do the blower test again and still no frost on that one orifice, 72 low, 340 high, 40 subcool and 12 superheat. I've not dealt with this metering system much but now that I have I'm thinking that the problem was not the Header but a blockage in the Evaporator. This set op is hard to get to any suggestions on any easier ways to clean out evap tub with out pulling it all out again?

Re: Carrier Roof Top

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
    I recently had a call on a 48TFE007 and I had to change the compressor. My pressures wouldn't get right so I cleaned the cils and they were better. I called Carrier Tegh support and was tod to start the unit without the blower and one of the feeders did not frost so I was told that I had to replace the headrer, so I did. I recharged and tried again, better pressures but still not right. I do the blower test again and still no frost on that one orifice, 72 low, 340 high, 40 subcool and 12 superheat. I've not dealt with this metering system much but now that I have I'm thinking that the problem was not the Header but a blockage in the Evaporator. This set op is hard to get to any suggestions on any easier ways to clean out evap tub with out pulling it all out again?
    Hi:
    hard to understand but what type of gas are u using ?
    cleaning could be done with nitrogen !
    good luck
    THE DEFINITION OF A SMART PERSON IS ONE WHOM LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES!!!