cpspower Guest

Smartcool concept

Any ideas on how the Smartcool ECO3 system works? Is it just a question of raising the evaporation temperature?
    thanks!

Re: Smartcool concept

Higher suction pressure will reduce TD and compressor should run longer. Another "magic" black box. There is no magic in refrigeration.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Do a forum search on Smartcool, there have been previous discussions on this snake oil product.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

bobkerry Guest

its just like a magic box which can solve ur problems and can amke ur instument or equipment the best one....you can use it anf i am sure you will feel the difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Do a forum search on Smartcool, there have been previous discussions on this snake oil product.
    Actually there aint much on here, so this is what i reckon..

I think it all works on the rate of change of pressure.

If the pressure is rising, and the controller wants to bring on a stage - then the device looks at the rate of change of pressure - if its not rising very fast, then it may stop a compressor from starting for a while..

It may also do somthing to stop compressors running on if the pressure is at of below the setpoint, but the controller is still calling for a compressor, ie force a stage off before the controller wants it too..

I'm not 100% convinced it works though, it reckon in the end it just ends up fighting against the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkerry View Post
    its just like a magic box which can solve ur problems and can amke ur instument or equipment the best one....you can use it anf i am sure you will feel the difference...
    Waw, this is indeed a magic box, it's only a pitty it doesn't solve ALL ur (sic) problems. I then could have use it for my spine.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

It's not doing anything our current systems already do. I see on there test they used ASDA in the UK and the baseline information wasn't accurate so they extrapolated the base data. I am the Refrigeration project manager for Walmarts home office and our current EMS systems already run enhanced suction control and floating suction strategies that do the same thing. This is an add on box of snack oil.