Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

England - no chance in the world cup.

Hi

Here in Scotland everyone agrees England won't be winning the World Cup.

Re: England - no chance in the world cup.

maybee 1% more than the jocks come on espanya

Do i detect a hint of jealousy...

hi all, no its the wrong shapped ball for me < rugby players have odd shapped balls<

Quote Originally Posted by Contactor View Post
    Hi

And no doubt the vast majority will be supporting USA for the first game!
    Grizzly

so long as its not those ******* french i don't care, i might even be supporting engerland

alec

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Is there some football event going on soon then? yaawn....
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

For all those like myself that would find watching petrol evaporate more exciting than soccer and would rather stick a red hot poker in their eye rather than watch a soccer match. Look at the game that will one day reach world domination! Australian rules football! The true believers are growing! It is faster longer more exciting more free scoring and the players dont fall over and cry when they are bitch slapped.
    Yes you may laugh but today Australia tomorrow the world!

hi oldeski. yes I have seen this presport game ,pra -tell why do all the players have the same black ring round both ancles is this a historicle significul sign ?

not in south australia sedgy.aussie aussie aussie
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

I guess Oldesky has never seen Spain playing football.

My flag is already waving at the balcony!

España!!!

mmm the running of the balls

hey lowcool ,thats why they where limping , they were running on there balls , of their feet

Quote Originally Posted by oldesky View Post
    For all those like myself that would find watching petrol evaporate more exciting than soccer and would rather stick a red hot poker in their eye rather than watch a soccer match. Look at the game that will one day reach world domination! Australian rules football! The true believers are growing! It is faster longer more exciting more free scoring and the players dont fall over and cry when they are bitch slapped.
    Yes you may laugh but today Australia tomorrow the world!
    this game is for softies. big bunch of poofters

coolhibby
    you havent been listening to akermanis by any chance

Gaellic football is for real men, Australian rules players can go and make the sanwiches, wouldn't even make the subs bench...

cmon contactor thats a bit harsh,i spose if we remove brains and fitness you might be onto something.
    anyway aussie aussie aussie but cant remember what for.

Hi

got more chance than scotland ( because you,ve got to be in it to win it ) , FAILED to qualify once again ha ha ha , rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by paul thompson View Post
    got more chance than scotland ( because you,ve got to be in it to win it ) , FAILED to qualify once again ha ha ha , rubbish

How many times have england failed recently HAHA
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

Quote Originally Posted by lowcool View Post
    coolhibby
    you havent been listening to akermanis by any chance
    akermanis lions legend, nothing wrong with speaking your mind

as a nation of just 5.5 million people we punch above our weight, now on the other hand England with a population of over 62 million they often flatter to deceive when compared to other nations with similar populations, i think the whole of the uk would be behind the English if it wasn't for the arrogance of the fans and media where you build yourselfs up about being the best and its your god given write to win the world cup, when in fact you are just average, and based on last nights performance thats evident for everyone to see, take away Rooney,lamps,cole and gerrard the team is pretty rotten, and nowhere near good enough to compete at the highest level as it takes more than 4 world class players to become a world class team.
    Not many people would argue that the English priemiership is the best league in the world, but that is down to foreign players and the way Sky tv format there coverage, now that things are getting tighter the money from sky will start to disapear and the priemiership will implode which will mean less money for foreign players, and more and more teams going to the wall like what has happenend with Portsmouth and leeds, all though in the short term this might be a nightmare it will mean more teams turning to homegrown youth players which in turn will lead to a stronger england team, here in Scotland this happened 6 years ago when sky pulled out and itv digital collapsed the money ran out and teams had to turn to the youth players and as aresult here in Scotland we have a huge amount of young players that are being nurtured and trained properly and in 2 or 3 years time will flourish on the world stage.
    sunday morning rant over, im of to have a bacon roll and watch Robert Greene fumble the ball into the NET!!!

Coolhibby
    You have every right to be proud of your Heritage.
    I have 2 sons who because my wife is Scottish, have dual nationality so to speak.
    The eldest chooses to support Scotland in their endeavours.
    The younger does not mind who succeeds and like me is pleased for either.
    I myself served for 2.5 yrs with a Scottish regiment billeted in Inverness for 18 months.
    I really enjoyed my time despite it taking 6 months or more to get used to the fact that "Stevie You English *******" was a term of endearment.
    What I am trying to say is why degrade someone Else's achievement
    because they were born in a different part of this beautiful Isle?

When you say we are a nation of 62 million just how many of that number are English?
    You as do the Scottish Welsh and Irish have not have not had your heritage watered down to the same extent as the English.
    I hope things do indeed progress the in the same as way as you explain has happened in Scotland.
    Then we will truly have National teams to be proud of.

Ignore the mindless idiots who hate everyone who is "Different".
    Because as I am sure you are beginning to realise the more you meet other people the smaller the actual differences are.
    This forum is testament to that.
    By the way I am not a fan of football.
    We may disagree on this issue but please allow me to say I read your posts,always with interest and rarely disagree with what you have to say.
    I wish i could feel the same pride that you obviously feel for being Scottish.
    But then as they say "That's Life"!
    Grizzly

Living in a country with a fairly poor league where every kid supports an english team, i find it amazing that none of them would admit to supporting england in a world cup...i'm ambivilent about it (i got ghana in the office sweep), GAA rules in this country!!

alec

Here in Scotland nobody thinks England will win the World Cup, thats all I said, it seems the English here are hell bent on having a fight over it, perhaps if you weren't so deluded you wouldn't get so wound up...
    Last edited by Contactor; 13-06-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: England

I'm sure the Australians would agree that they have no chance either

Hi

here in england everyone agrees SCOTLAND won,t EVER win the world cup . home grown talent or not .

Here in Scotland nobody thinks England will win the World Cup, thats all I said, it seems the English here are hell bent on having a fight over it, perhaps if you weren't so deluded you wouldn't get so wound up...
    I havn't seen any posts from anyone being wound up. Are you sure that you have got that right?

Sorry Coolhibby & Contactor but I supported England last night simply because it seems the good ol USofA President has helped cause most of our pension funds to deteriorate rather rapidly these last few weeks and since BP have to my mind done the best they could have in very difficult circumstances his comments are extreme and disgraceful.Would I have supported them anyway, well yes simply because we are not there and I can think of no other Country who gives us more work than the English.

hi Yin, no need to appologise to me you can support whoever you want, but i can see nowhere above where i have said i didn't want England to win, i wouldn't mind England winning at all my point was that most Scottish fans would like to see England lose simply because of the English mentality and ego's where they think its thier right to win the world cup, also the fact that every English based media person or pundit seem to think they can pick a better team than the manager, i think if the media and fans left the team and manager alone to get on with it they might do not too bad! but instead they heap presure on the team by second guessing everything they do.

to phrase a line from the film trainspotting Ewan Macgregor said, we Scots dont hate the English, they are just a bunch of ******s!!

Gentlemen, please, don't argue! At the end, Germany always wins... but this year, I think it's Spain who's gonna win the World Cup!

The pity was that Ireland could not participate... but that's another story.

regards,

Nando.

English football fans would do well to remember that the 66 world champions were soundly beaten by Scotland in 1967.

Aye, i hope that's a good omen.

Scotland didn't qualify for the 1966 world cup either remember..

If by some 'hand of clod' that actually goes our way for a change, & En-ger-land do manage to get anywhere this tournament, i'd happily accept loosing by a goal at Wembley next year to the ald enemy...

& you can take as much of the turf you want this time if you do, it's a bag of cr@p anyway..
    Last edited by Gingerair; 14-06-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Ald Reekie..

30 odd posts on this subject.

Who'ed have thought England winning the next world cup would rouse so much passion.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    hi Yin, no need to appologise to me you can support whoever you want, but i can see nowhere above where i have said i didn't want England to win, i wouldn't mind England winning at all my point was that most Scottish fans would like to see England lose simply because of the English mentality and ego's where they think its thier right to win the world cup, also the fact that every English based media person or pundit seem to think they can pick a better team than the manager, i think if the media and fans left the team and manager alone to get on with it they might do not too bad! but instead they heap presure on the team by second guessing everything they do.

to phrase a line from the film trainspotting Ewan Macgregor said, we Scots dont hate the English, they are just a bunch of ******s!!
    to also phrase a line from the film trainspotting .EWAN MACGREGOR also said / it,s sh**e being scottish ! were the lowest of the low. the scum of the fu**i*g earth!the most wretched,miserable,servile,pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization .NOT MY WORDS so dont shoot the messanger . it came from the mouth of a great scottish actor.

to also phrase a line from the film trainspotting .EWAN MACGREGOR also said / it,s sh**e being scottish ! were the lowest of the low. the scum of the fu**i*g earth!the most wretched,miserable,servile,pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization .NOT MY WORDS so dont shoot the messanger . it came from the mouth of a great scottish actor.

hi Paul,

never a truer word said, i agree with every word of it, see its easy to admit to something, so lets try.
    ENGLAND ARENT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE WORLD CUP, not my words but the words of over 6 billion people scattered across the face of the planet!!

hi Paul,

never a truer word said, i agree with every word of it, see its easy to admit to something, so lets try.
    ENGLAND ARENT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE WORLD CUP, not my words but the words of over 6 billion people scattered across the face of the planet!!
    Now I understand where you are coming from!
    Nice one Grizzly.

Come on guys there only going to be one winner
    They are just starting to play their first game.
    Come on the ALL WHITES.

Yea right!!!!!

unbelievable

hi Paul,

couldn,t agree more , at no point have i stated that england would win this world cup . we are not good enough , please show me a quote that says otherwise .

Dera oh dear

I blame that b@stard Octopus...

Germany 4>1
    Sounds familiar

The English fans and media are to blame, the pressure has broken your team....

MATCH between Portugal vs Spain...The winner will be Portugal, but with much work by the Portugal players and concentration during the game.

VIVA PORTUGAL!!!
    FORÇA PORTUGAL!!!
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Portugal will win Spain by...hmmm...1-0.
    Let's see if I wrong.
    Send your feelings also about this match.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Hi Sandro,

1-0 is a short score for such a good match... But I don't dare to say Spain will beat Portugal, after what we've seen with England, or even our first game with Switzerland... anyway, Pepe has just come from a big injury, and Villa is on a real good shape
    2-1 for Spain!

Portugal-Brazil was a good match and result was 0-0.

"But I don't dare to say Spain will beat Portugal, after what we've seen with England, or even our first game with Switzerland..." » The matches don't always happen equal. So don't be 100% sure that will be an easy match for spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro Baptista View Post
    Portugal-Brazil was a good match and result was 0-0.
    Of course it was, and a pity not to see as many goals as with Korea... by the way, not that good match.

The matches don't always happen equal. So don't be 100% sure that will be an easy match for spain.
    I actually meant the opposite... Spain is not playing very good, and we're quite afraid of losing against Portugal... Wish you good luck, and many goals from the Eastern Side of the Iberian Pensinsulae!

. Good luck for Portugal and Spain

Portugal will win Spain by...hmmm...1-0.
    Let's see if I wrong.
    Send your feelings also about this match.
    After all it wasn't 1-0 but rather 0-1.

I have to admit that spain was a little better than Portugal.

Sincerly, I hope Spain (our neighboor) wins the world cup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast