Anybody recruiting at the moment?

Hi Guys

Does anybody know of any firms that are looking for people in the Manchester/North West area?

I fancy a change, but unless I want to relocate to London the job market seems really slow.

Danny

Re: Anybody recruiting at the moment?

Tell me about it im in the bristol area and im looking now i have taken any job just for money and the agencys are abit bad i think some of the jobs they have dont exist. It sucks

What kind of work are either of you looking for?

Cheers Mark
    Refrigeration - its more than just a career, its a life style choice...............

Mark

I have mostly ac and small commercial fridge experience, but im open to offers!

I work for a FM company but its a shambles of a firm run by idiots!

On a side note, has the downturn in the market affected the London/South East area? There is never a shortage of vacancies to apply for, or is it a shortage of good lads?

IceLover123 Guest

Yeah, I have heard Carters are recruiting... I have applied just waiting to see if they get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by dannycool View Post
    Mark

On a side note, has the downturn in the market affected the London/South East area? There is never a shortage of vacancies to apply for, or is it a shortage of good lads?

i always find its best to keep your opinions to yourself when looking for new employers, as possible employers dont like reading coments made by engineers about how they run thier buisiness its a bit of putting, even though you are right and your employers are probally idiots! it sends out the wrong signals, i offer this info as there are a lot of people who employ engineers use these forums

Mark

One of our guy's is off to pastures new and boss said he's never had so many good guy's to choose from (4 at least and without advertising)

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    i always find its best to keep your opinions to yourself when looking for new employers, as possible employers dont like reading coments made by engineers about how they run thier buisiness its a bit of putting, even though you are right and your employers are probally idiots! it sends out the wrong signals, i offer this info as there are a lot of people who employ engineers use these forums
    Fair point Hibby! Although my employers are unlikely to visit this forum as they know nothing about fridge and ac

Although my employers are unlikely to visit this forum
    My MD does, Although his user name is his actual name so its easy to look when i log in if he's online or not

Mark

Danny

Were looking for a desk engineer working out of Warrington, PM if you would like further details.

Kind regards

Mark
    Refrigeration - its more than just a career, its a life style choice...............

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanmark View Post
    Danny

Were looking for a desk engineer working out of Warrington, PM if you would like further details.

Kind regards

Mark
    You lot doing office furniture now?

I Think we may have turned the corner now (perhaps not all the way round yet) There are more jobs out there now, certainly down in the south. If you go into any NRS theres always jobs on their notice boards (Brentwoods board was quite full when i was in there the other day).

The problem is there are still not the amount of vacancies there were 3-4 years ago so most get filled by word of mouth/Knowing someone. Until it picks up completly i dont see the recruitment companys getting much as at the moment companies can pick and choose.

What i tell anyone looking for a job is to go into their local NRS (other suppliers are available ) and have a word. They normally know whats going on better than anyone and obviously !!!! keep an eye and register as a jobseeker on our job section here.

Quote Originally Posted by multisync View Post
    You lot doing office furniture now?
    LOL, at least the SLA's are achievable.

Hope you are well mate

Mark

mitie are looking for a/c engineers

Quote Originally Posted by IceLover123 View Post
    Yeah, I have heard Carters are recruiting... I have applied just waiting to see if they get in touch.
    you will get a job there no bother ,because their engineers are leaving by the bus full..its a crap outfit to work for

I know of 2 engineers who've left. Hardly a big bus is it

Quote Originally Posted by smoggy View Post
    I believe anything and then put it on the internet
    Fixed it for you...!

Quote Originally Posted by panda fridge View Post
    I know of 2 engineers who've left. Hardly a big bus is it
    well i know of 6 ,and many are unhappy and looking,(.thats just in my area)so if it was just a minibus on order ,best have another one on stand by,,,,,but not pay them for it,,,lol

Good To See The Recession Has Got All The **** Engineers Flapping..........!

Et tu, Brute Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julius Geezer View Post
    Good To See The Recession Has Got All The **** Managers Flapping..........!

Fixed it for you...!

But seriously, It is nescient and unwise to deprecate your own workforce, please remember your employees are the public face of your company and a despondent workforce benefits no one, customer, employer and employee all suffer.

In response to dannycool Carter Synergy Midlands may well be recruiting for service engineers in the coming weeks as smoggy has already stated though i can't speak for the manchester area.
    Good Luck.

carters lost another engineer last week he told them to shove it then walked out..they have lost alot of peoples trust and loyalty

who was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Et tu, Brute View Post
    Fixed it for you...!

But seriously, It is nescient and unwise to deprecate your own workforce, please remember your employees are the public face of your company and a despondent workforce benefits no one, customer, employer and employee all suffer.

In response to dannycool Carter Synergy Midlands may well be recruiting for service engineers in the coming weeks as smoggy has already stated though i can't speak for the manchester area.
    Good Luck.
    I wholeheartedly (What) agree

The thing is there are to many engineers out there who have been on very good money when times were good who think they are owed a living.............!

Facts (As Rafa would say) are that the industry is in turmoil and cloths have to be cut accordingly
    (Or Throats for some people)

Eveyone and everywhere are doing there utmost to save money so people should learn to move on and get used to how things are or do something else

All my love

David Icke / Carlos The Jackal / The Grassy Knoll / Zippy / Champion The Wonder Horse / Casey Jones / The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse / Cagney / Starsky / Lacey and Hutch................!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Et tu, Brute Guest

I wholeheartedly (What) agree

The thing is there are to many engineers out there who have been on very good money when times were good who think they are owed a living.............!
    So when times are bad wages should decrease? Excuse my naivety and lack of business acumen but shouldn't this philosophy apply to all members of a company? Why not extend this beyond to the other Subsidiaries of that company, we're all in this together right? Should this include the shareholders as it appears they too have been on very good money whilst times are good, are they owed a living?

Eveyone and everywhere are doing there utmost to save money so people should learn to move on and get used to how things are or do something else

Unfortunately it does appear that people are learning to move on and do something else and the measures taken to save money may do more harm than good, ultimately we are saving money so that those at the top of the chain dont have to, this is about higher profit margins remember.
    I would like to believe that "Eveyone and everywhere are doing there utmost to save money" but its hard to believe,
    i suppose you could say not choosing the leather interior finish and rear comfort seats on your new BMW is making a saving,its all relative.

why dont the managers take a pay cut after all if it is for the long term future and growth why not lead by example .bet the various account managers who get their bonus for meeting budgets and cost cuttings dont say no