Calculation of cooling loads on a cold romm and correct selection of a suitable unit.

Hey folks,

This is only me second thread so please be gentle.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some free software from to calculate a cold room to work out the total cooling load and to aid me in suggesting the correct unit for the job.

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Re: Calculation of cooling loads on a cold romm and correct selection of a suitable u

What I do is phone up climate centre technical, and give them the room size, whats going in there, how often, and the desired temp, pipe runs etc and they size it all and give you a quote for pretty much all you need to install it.

My view is its better to get someone who does this every day to size it than me who might only need to size stuff a few times a year. But it would be intersting never the less to be able to check and size stuff.

Jon

Blog Entries

Re: Calculation of cooling loads on a cold romm and correct selection of a suitable u

Copeland has a free software program called Refrigeration Load Calculator but you will have to register. You will find it on their website under downloads.You can select the region so that it will work in IP or Metric.