Agility Guest

Lowest temperature settings on A/c?

Hi All,

My old A.c unit has packed up & I am now out looking or another unit. The unit is for the kennels (dogs get more luxury than I, but they can't take their coats off can they!) which are 15ft x 25ft. But I am struggling to find out what the lowest temp setting is on most makes as they never say! I need it as cold as possible - I would go for a refrigeration unit but they are too far out budget wise (ideal spend £500)

Does anyone know which a.c model/make has the lowest temp setting ? or of a refrigeration unit thats not so expensive?

Many Thanks

Re: Lowest temperature settings on A/c?

Usually 18C but some go down to 16C.

Is £500 just for the ac or are you hoping to get it installed for that as well?

Chuck the barking fools outside, it very rarely goes over 16 deg C in the UK.

How cold do you want them to be?

Eggs

Agility Guest

Monkey spanners - My 'other' half is pretty handy & fitted the last one for me so the £500 ish budget is for the unit itself as hopefully he will fit it for me - do you have any suggestions?

Eggs - These barking fools happen to have dense coats over an inch thick as they come from the mountain in Japan & are used to minus temps!!

The building is in full sun & in summer on a normal summers warm day the temp still ranges inside the building from 25 - 30c. This week it topped 32c as we have no A.c working!!.

The dogs are top show dogs - apart from the fact that the are not happy in the heat, I'd never win if they spent all summer shedding coats!!

You need to find out the cooling duty needed for the room, this will take into account the room size, its construction and the number of dogs. Once you know you need 3kw or 8kw etc you can then see if your budget is big enough.

If you want to go colder then a cellar cooling system may be better, but they are noisy and draughty.