jobbo Guest

Unhappy Samsung RS21DCNS - Ice Chute Flap

All,

Does anyone know about any problems with the Ice Chute flap on a Samsung RS21DCNS not closing / permanently staying open? I've been through all of the usual problems with this piece of junk (18 engineer visits now and 30+ replacement parts), but this is a new one.

The freezer is not maintaining temp, despite having just (in the last 2 weeks) had new evap cover, defrost sensor, thermal fuse, temp sensor, PCB, compressor and re-gas. If i put it on power freeze, it just about manages to make it down to temp, but as soon as it's switched off the temp starts rising again.

Then I spotted that the Ice Chute flap is open and I can't get it to close ... having a 2 inch wide hole and ambient temp of about 25 degrees can't be helping matters!!!

If anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated

Cheers

Jobbo

wynwalters13 Guest

Re: Samsung RS21DCNS - Ice Chute Flap

hi jobbo.
    was just wondering if uve manged to repair r f/f

To get into the mechanism you have to take off the the display cover. It will pop out if you lever it round the edge. There you will find a spring either out of position or broken. You can at least put the flap in the closed position until you get the part

jobbo Guest

So it turns out the Solenoid has died and needs replacing.

Samsung in their infinite wisdom are now saying they won't fund the repair as "its not one of the parts featured on Watchdog"!! This despite the fact that when I phoned originally they stated that they would repair it free of charge, without any caveat as to what exact problems they would fix.

I phoned to complain as if someone tells me they are going to do something and then renages on that promise I think I have a right to be put out. After 45 mins on the phone to their (new ??) help desk, repeating the same things over and over, I was informed that someone would call me back in 24 hours to discuss the issue ... that was 9 days ago.

Once again Samsung, wonderful customer service!!

For reference the part is £21, the labour aparently is £79. I could fit it myself, but quite frankly its the principle of it.

I'll update if I get anywhere, but my advice is if Samsung say they will fix a problem free of charge, make sure you get it in writing or at least note the time and date and the person you spoke to so they can check their tapes.

Jobbo

stonker270 Guest

Hi guys I have a similar problem where the flap has detached itself from the lever, I bought a replacement part which comes with mechanism all attached but I can't see how to get at the flap to replace it - as there are no visible screws etc. so don't want to force it and damage it!!

Does anyone know about any problems with the Ice Chute flap on a Samsung RS21DCNS not closing / permanently staying open? I've been through all of the usual problems with this piece of junk (18 engineer visits now and 30+ replacement parts), but this is a new one.

The freezer is not maintaining temp, despite having just (in the last 2 weeks) had new evap cover, defrost sensor, thermal fuse, temp sensor, PCB, compressor and re-gas. If i put it on power freeze, it just about manages to make it down to temp, but as soon as it's switched off the temp starts rising again.

Then I spotted that the Ice Chute flap is open and I can't get it to close ... having a 2 inch wide hole and ambient temp of about 25 degrees can't be helping matters!!!

If anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated

Cheers

Jobbo[/QUOTE]