Thread: Anti-Tracker

Anti-Tracker

For those who want some quite moment without "big brother' watching you, try this little gadget.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35827

Re: Anti-Tracker

Is it tried and tetsed? look's good

Good stuff , i've read reviews where they definetely work , blocks out the commercial GPS frequency at 1575.42 MHZ , So unless some of these fridge companies have got plans for launching there own GPS network , then were quids in...!
    There is a millitary version also , but lets not get into that.....!

Great.

Now all the scumbag car thieves will rush to buy them.

whats the deal with people and trackers i have worked for a company with them and i know work for a company without them and tbh i not bothered either way

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    whats the deal with people and trackers i have worked for a company with them and i know work for a company without them and tbh i not bothered either way
    I think that it depends on the level of Big Brother surveillance that the Company employs.

My previous company, nationwide, would complain if the engine was running for too long without vehicle movement. Agreed, wasteful of fuel etc but ignores that fact that you need, in law, to have a clear windscreen and warm air is the only way to clear ice and mist from the windscreen in the winter.

Also being asked what you were doing in your private life because 'the van was at XYZ on Saturday night'. If you have private use of the van what is the problem? But more importantly why is someone monitoring your every movement or action?

That is why people are anti-tracker.

I was sold the tracker on the good old Health and Safety aspect. We can watch you when you are lone working or driving at night.

Bollox, with a capital B; no-one was able to provide lone working cover, provide driving assistance or even use it to organise the working schedule. It was to spy on us, pure and simple.

[OK, rant over] [Well, maybe not yet...] There is too much surveillance of us in our general lives from the Government that a tracker just sets the cherry on the cake. [OK, finished now, I'll go sit quietly over there..]
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

well mate if your company start to ask you why you was at abc (in your private time ) explain the is a law about avading your privacy , it sound like that company are big brother syndrome is it one full of big bully boys

i see the point in moaning when like Brian says when companies say they are installed for h@s reasons when they are not, they are there to prevent people stealing money pure and simple, and for reasons that engineers don t understand, say your company is a nationwide provider with 200 engineers, each engineer is on say £11.50 and they all steal 1 hour a day at time and half thats £17.25 x 200 = £3450 a day, now say these engineers do this on average 300 days out the year this equates to £1035000 a year money stollen from the company, now the figures above in my opinion are conservative as most engineers will add at least 1 hour more every single day they work, then when you start to add in the hours stollen at weekends on standby on double time ect over a year the hours stollen equate to over £2 million pound based on the same 200 engineers.
    when you think about it in that way trackers make sense in that if you can claw back even half of that money thats £1 million pound strait back on the bottom line profit!
    i work for a company that dont use trackers but would understand if they wanted to put them in, as long as they told you the truth about them being there and didn't butter it up in all the h@s bull****!!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

^I couldn't agree with you more CoolHibby, honesty on both sides is what I would like.

Oldtimer, your analysis is spot-on.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015