Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Dear Ladies & Gents,

I am an employee of ELCO UK and whilst having signed up to this forum some years ago it was forgotten about until recently and i thought aquick hello would be appropriate.

Should any of you have any questions regarding any of the motors we manufacture please feel free to ask away.

On a personal note i hope to gain from you some knowledge regarding the range of the problems you face in the refrigeration industry as a whole and not just motors.

Regards
    ELCO UK

Re: Introduction

Hi Elco,

A lot of the wholesalers have stopped stocking 18W motors, these having been replaced with 16W ones. Personally i am happier fitting like for like but is it ok in this instance to fit a 16W where and 18W had been fitted by the manufacturer?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    Hi Elco,

A lot of the wholesalers have stopped stocking 18W motors, these having been replaced with 16W ones. Personally i am happier fitting like for like but is it ok in this instance to fit a 16W where and 18W had been fitted by the manufacturer?

Jon
    Hi Jon,

Thank you for the question, it is one which we are asked on quite a regular basis.

Strictly speaking you should always replace the original motor with the identical replacement in order to achieve the cabinent OEMs initial performance wish. We all know this is not always what happens in the field and on some occasions the change in cabient performance will only be minor; however on some cabients where the motor power was precisely picked the difference could be significant and lead to a premature motor failure. If ever you are unsure about a motor and blade combination please feel free to contact us for advice.

We too have noticed a general change from some customers to 7W from 10W and 16W from 18W, i can only assume the reason for this shift is the slight cost savings.

Regards
    ELCO UK

removed as per request
    Last edited by ElcoUK; 18-06-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: reply comment

hi elco , nice of you to introduce yourself , but personaly I hate adverts being pushed in my face , if I wanted to read adverts I would put the tv on and watch itv , thanks , but no thanks sedgy

Quote Originally Posted by sedgy View Post
    hi elco , nice of you to introduce yourself , but personaly I hate adverts being pushed in my face , if I wanted to read adverts I would put the tv on and watch itv , thanks , but no thanks sedgy
    Say no more, will remove article for you now
    www.elco-motors.co.uk