TPI Brand test equipments

Hi, would anyone be able to advice me how reliable TPI brand of test equipment are. One of our suppliers has introduced this particular brand name with a range of leak detectors, thermometers and vaccum gauges etc. I have checked most of the specs and they seem to be o.k but just want to know how accurate and reliable are they in everyday trouble shooting and service from your experience.

Re: TPI Brand test equipments

I've just bought a TPI digital vac gauge online from the USA last week. It looked OK in the pics and the online manual wasn't written in engrish so I ordered it. Saved something in the region of $300AU vs a 'cheap' one from a wholesaler here. When it gets here I'll report back on how it seems but thats no good for your reliability question!

I got my TPI digital vac gauge last week, I haven't used it on a job yet but I'm sure it will do a great job.

Its compact, has nice buttons, a hook on the back and 2 magnets that are powerful enough to hold it up with a hose connected which is a nice touch.

I have connected it to my vac pump and gauges and it has a fast update (around 0.5s) and an easy to read screen. Can't wait to use it. The only 'drawback' that it might have is the 1/4" male connection which may or may not work with what gear you already have. Mine works with my set up because my refco manifold has another male 1/4" fitting on the low side and I connect the gauge to it with another hose. And no I don't own shares in TPI or sell them!

Hi Jimbo82,
    Good to get a feedback mate. i have bought some thermometers, a leak detector and other bits and pieces and been in use everyday from my last post. leak detector has paid me back on the first day of use after finding leak in very difficult place in a AHU and thermometers have a very accurate reading depending on the probes being insulated correctly. well i think its a good buy compared to highly priced branded fridgie test equipments