Sam Granger Guest

Slime/Gel blockages??

Are you suffering the effects of Slime / Gel in your refigeration units? Is is costing you time and money to attend to customers with flooded floors and out of action fridges?

The Fridge Free system from CBIO could offer you a solution!

Fridge Free is the natural solution to refrigerator gel blockages; improving customer experience and revenue protection.
    Features:

• Discretely installed on the affected drain line
    • Disrupts the resident bacteria from producing the 'exopolysaccharide' gel
    • Automatically doses CBIO's proprietorial bio-fluid
    • The natural bio-fluid works with CBIO's other biological products
    • Each unit pro-actively managed by CBIO's own engineers
    • Fit and forget, FridgeFreeTM is battery operated
    Benefits:

• Ensures free running drains by preventing gel blockages
    • Prevents shop floor flooding, and therefore minimises trip hazards and lost stock
    • Does not require expensive mains power
    • Saves money on expensive reactive drainage call-outs, and protects revenue.
    • Ensures customers peace of mind
    Applications

Gel blockages are a common problem in refrigerator condensate drain lines. FridgeFree is installed on the affected drain line as far from the connection to the main drain as possible to ensure maximum coverage. In some circumstances a double-headed pump can be used to provide effective treatment at two points on the same chiller bank.

Sam Granger Guest

Re: Slime/Gel blockages??

If any one feels this product may be of interest, then please contact me quoting SAM10 and you will be eligable for a 10% discount on your order.

Sam
    You should read the rules. Self advertising is not wanted nor professional on this forum. A moderator should remove this post!

I had a milk tank evaporator block up with 4000L of gone off milk the other week, went all lumpy and kept blocking up the outlet. Didn't smell too good either

lmao thats no fun used to love sticking my arm in a vile smelly drain clearin the goo so i could shove a nitrogen line in it and yr top of the range product is already beaten try half a bottle of anti bac washing up liquid after ya have washed drain out works great lol and usually free workin in a shop just dont put it in vapourizer trays if they got fridge pipes in not a good idea works every where else

i propose the moderators leave this thread and we can see how many ways other engineers can solve this problem for free with just a little effort lol and wot ya can get in shops already ie safe cleaning products

ban the thread starter though lmao

and wot happens when yr battery goes flat ? or yr solution runs out lmao back to slimey drains init so it dont solve it just puts it off for bit same as the washin up liquid an my ideas free or gonna cost ya a quid in a shop

or we could see how many engineers think the thread starter is an idiot lol

Quote Originally Posted by simon@parker View Post
    or we could see how many engineers think the thread starter is an idiot lol
    I don't think he's an idiot at all. I expect he has a product that he believes we could benefit from using, and in that using help pay provide him with an income, a win/win situation.

The only thing he may be ignorant of as he's new to the site is that unpaid advertising is not permitted, for various reasons.

I hope he considers taking out a payed advert as it will help fund the forum we all enjoy being a part of.

Jon

ok monkey spanners point made wot do you use on slimey drains?? and he should do the paid advertisement if his product got legs we will see

Most of my work is on dairy farms so i don't really have problems of blocked drains to sort out, i do have to repair the inbuilt cleaning systems on the milk tanks though and these use a sodium hypocholrite solution and it seems to be able to shift most things, it would be interesting to try it on a drain. A phosphoric acid is alternatly used to remove scale and milk stone every third wash. Some systems have a hypochlorite or peracetic acid (nasty stuff) final rinse as a sanitizer.

I have found Condenside very effecting at cleaning ac sytem drains and coils, and i use Envirocoil on condensers on farms as it is safe to use around cows.

Jon

are u allowed to put stuff like that straight down a drain ? or do u put it in a container or somat ?

I think most of the farms drain their plant washing into the slurry lagoon, but i could be wrong there. I expect all the milk residue would block up mains drains due to the fat content, i do some work at a factory where they process a lot of milk to make indian sweets and they have seperators on all the drain water to stop any fat going down there for that reason.

Jon

I've just finished working on supermarket systems. I reckon about 20% of our work was sorting out water leaks.
    We always put rags over each drain in the run then hoovered out the drain from access points then each case trap. Some produce runs would block back up again within a couple of months.
    I heard Sparks & Mincers were trying out a system which pumps a solution in the drains via a peristeltic pump. Sounds a bit like the first post there. Some blokes would just pour the acid based drain cleaner down but that wouldn't shift the stuff.

I respect the big players for trialing anti-gravity drains, but can confirm they don't work.
    Here's a memorable moment I'd like to share with you.

22022009.jpg
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

ooo that looks tasty used to get loads of that in drains with poor fall on them pump trays were as bad used to get the floor cleaner to suck all the crap out and then stick it on the end of the drain thats where yr anti bac washin up liq came in once clean chuck a load in drain traps and round drain an in tray kept them clear for ages

Ah the T5 floor scrubber - should be part of every supermarket techs tool kit. In some stores you couldn't use the floor washer as the cleaners made off with the key or refused 'cos they'd been damaged by contractors in the past. Case then of spending 20mins looking for a plug socket and figuiring out how to get yer poke-assed capacity vac powered up with out tripping up the old farts, while the duty manager winged about not having enough staff to clear the base shelves.
    Happy days - especially on a Sunday for double time.
    Next time I come across a blocked pipe I'll try out the anti-bac washing liquid. Can you use that on pump trays as well or does it foam up like a mo-fo?
    Last edited by Tayters; 17-04-2010 at 12:16 PM.

the water dont flow into it fast enough to make it foam up lol would be funny though an its seems to be effective as it dilutes over time with it in traps as well and a little in bottom of case even smells lush lol when i did it in aldi stores managers would give ya a bottle for nowt off shelf saved them hasslee as well for a while ahh the supermarket days gettin soaked an stood on an moaned at how i dont miss it lmao another engineer used to swear by milton baby sterilizing tablets works great on smelly ac evaps never tried it on drains though they both good cos non toxic an pc touchy feely lol

top tip i believe all the floor cleaners use the same key a ronnis 455 key i think lol

Quote Originally Posted by simon@parker View Post
    the water dont flow into it fast enough to make it foam up
    I was thinking about that air bleed pipe that squirts back into the tray. Saw one with drain cleaner once overflow with bubbles.

I normally carry a universal key in me toolbag - Screwdriver Mk1. Sometimes needs subtle use of optional Tapping Stick though.

if you put the lid bac on the pump it wont froth to bad an if ya use the really cheap stuff it dont either put plenty in the traps an some in bottom of case once ya cleared drain will be diluted constantly by cab condensate till it runs out never hot wired a floor cleaner lol