Quote Originally Posted by udarrell View Post
The government ought to put a stop to sales to non licensed individuals.

When it comes to moisture in the system, R410A is more apt to cause problems than R-22. Triple evacuation is recommended on R410A systems.

If we want efficient performance, & we must have it, - then we need professionals installing the equipment! - udarrell

the government needs to keep their sticky fingers out of a free market business.... you think lots of people buy HVAC equipment and refrigerants online and from china now?? just wait and see what would happen if the government made HVAC only available to professionals....

you would see a black market like never before.... and the american companies would go out of business for sure...

I happen to be one of those people that believes HVAC takes on new looks and us as engineers, designers, techs, need to move on to the new technologies...

its not the end of the world that homeowners put in HVAC.. just like it hasnt been the end of the world that they run their own electrical, plumbing, put in their own windows, build their own decks, pour their own patios, etc etc...

yes I agree HVAC is getting more complex all the time and there is a lot of room for failure and inferior work resulting in poorly running systems or risk of injury to the homeowner.. no different than a homeowner playing with 220 volts in their electrical panel...

let the MARKET shake it out not the government. reality is there will be a market for HVAC contractors as there are plenty who dont want to touch it and plenty of jacked up installs that will need fixed...

I venture to say many of us are homeowners ourselves and would hate if the government said we could not run a wire for an outlet or a new pipe for a toilet... because if that happened the plumbers and electricians would double their prices knowing homeowners would have to pay or do without...
-Christopher