Back for a 6 monthly update. Several contacts about the AGA Codes and defaults.
My LA245-R2 Freezer is still poorly. After last defrost it took about 2 months to creep up the temp from the -19 set point to only -15 or so, then -10. Eventually at -8 and food getting soft at the top I had to defrost again.
This time, not much ice in the evaporator, at least not the front. I didn't take it apart this time to check the back. I used the manual defrost to aid the process this time - noticed that the Rev2 add-on heat mat stuck to the Evaporator wasn't getting warm at all - I expected it to do more. Its supposed to stop ice blocking the water draining to the rear.

After defrosting it cooled quite quickly to -19 and back on track. Putting the food back in (stuff I managed to keep frozen) raised the temp again and it took best part of all night to get back down to -19 again.
Anyway - I had decided that the defrost cycles don't cope very well, and want to try no defrost at all, so set the AF setting to 0. So far, after a couple of days, its nice to watch the temp display and not see it keep dipping to -13 or so after every defrost cycle or even opening the door.

Lets see if this works better for me. If not I will call Aga again and see what they can suggest, and to check the heat mat they fitted.

Anyone know if there are any other fixes that can be applied? Better fan, better defrosting?