claguey Guest

LG GR642QVP Panel problem

Hi there.
    The panel on my LG fridge/freezer has started beeping intermittently, going on and off. The fridge/freezer seems to be working OK, but I can hear a relay clicking on/off at the back of the fridge whenever the panel beeps on or off. No error codes are displayed, in fact sometimes the only thing that is lit up on the panel is the set temperature (2 degrees). It is driving me nuts, any ideas? Loose connection/faulty relay/faulty panel? This has started all of its own accord, the unit hasnt been banged or anything, any help gratefully accepted
    Phil

Edu Guest

Unhappy Re: LG GR642QVP Panel problem

Hi there Phil,

I have exactly the same problem as you do. Did you find what the problem is?

Thanks,

Edu.

Rookb1 Guest

Re: LG GR642QVP Panel problem

Hi Phil and Edu.

I had exactly the same problem with my LG GR642AVPK, but managed to solve it by removing the control panel and checking the connection of the cable.

On my LG the control panel for the fridge is on the bottom of the freezer door. I turned the fridge off, took out the two small screws in the bottom and pulled the panel outwards towards me. It is then only connected by the cable. I disconnected this and took unscrewed the electronics part of the panel to remove it fro the plastic cover you see normally.

I figured it might be dust in the switches or a loose connection making the switch connect randomly, so I blew into the switches and other components (yes I know a bit daft, but it worked) and then put the panel back together and reconnected the cable making sure it was secure. When put the fridge panel back and turned the fridge back on it worked fine and has not had an issue for 2 weeks now.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Edu Guest

Re: LG GR642QVP Panel problem

Hi Rick,

Thank you very much. I'm going to try today and will let you know the result.

All the best,

Edu.