different piping styles

Hope this is the correct forum...if not I apologize. As we all know there has always been a love-hate relationship between install crews and service techs. They both can do the other's job but they both do it their own way. I have been getting the " it's your place now " calls after the warranty coverage is up. I am finding 2 companies who are running liquid lines inside the insultube alongside the suction piping. I am also finding suction driers installed inside the walk-ins within a foot of the suction line exit site. Sometimes the suction dryer is wrapped...sometimes not. Do we have any opinions on these techniques and the " why...why not " reasons ? Do they [ installers ] know something I don't?? I'm willing to change if there is a good reason. Thanks for the thoughts. Everyone have a great day !!!!

Don't leave it like you found it.....Leave it like it should be !!!

Re: different piping styles

I have always only ever seen suction filters back t the compressor, not much chop putting them in the room, pain in the arse to change and what about any copper filings or scale in suction line???

I am not a fan of liquid line inside insulpipe, would rather see it separate, makes refurbs easier. In saying that however if you want to mechanically subcool in the future then it is a benefit to have it already insulated, if its sitting next to the suction line then its also getting some good subcooling and can help overcome/offset inadequacies in the piping that could add some pressure drop.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

Re: different piping styles

Like 750 valve, I cannot see any value in putting suction filters in the cabinet for the same reasons. It was once quit common to see liquid line driers in coolrooms, especially on systems with moisture problems, the theory being the drier had a greater moisture holding capacity at lower temperatures. As for subcooling to prevent flash gas, I think there are much better ways of subcooling liquid lines than bonding liquid and suction lines together.It increases suction return temperatures and discharge temperatures and therefore compressor load.