serenityjun Guest

difference between a normal air conditioner and ice cream maker refrigeration

Hi all. This is my new post here. I would like to ask what is the difference in terms of components used in the normal air conditioner in room and an ice cream maker? Why can't a normal split unit be used to cool to subzero degrees? Is it the difference of the refrigerant used? Or the working method is totally different?

Re: difference between a normal air conditioner and ice cream maker refrigeration

Lol lol lol lol

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: difference between a normal air conditioner and ice cream maker refrigeration

You've answered your own question.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi Serenityjun,

They are two completely different machines, designed to cool different things, one air and the other a liquid.
    Though many of the components in each system will have the same name, compressor, condenser, evaporator etc their design and operation will be different in each case.

Its a bit like why you shouldn't wash your clothers in a dish washer...

Jon

Air condition is for the skin...
    Ice cream is for the soul....

serenityjun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    Hi Serenityjun,

They are two completely different machines, designed to cool different things, one air and the other a liquid.
    Though many of the components in each system will have the same name, compressor, condenser, evaporator etc their design and operation will be different in each case.

Jon
    i have read somewhere that freezer have a heater element. Is it possible to modify an existing split unit air conditioner so that it works as an ice cream maker? if it is not possible to do it in practical, at least tell me in theory. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by serenityjun View Post
    i have read somewhere that freezer have a heater element. Is it possible to modify an existing split unit air conditioner so that it works as an ice cream maker? if it is not possible to do it in practical, at least tell me in theory. Many thanks.
    Hi Airconditioning is for comfort cooling FULL STOP its cheaper to buy ice cream, if you continue these thoughts it will fry your brain
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post

Jon
    I like it

I am always one try try something new!, I poured Ice cream mix into my air conditioner, "amazingly" my wife went up the wall, as the ice cream mix came down the wall.
    Technical reason for not working,
    "Tension"

Hi Serenityjun.

The 2 system are similar in the same way a car is similar to a lorry.

The components in the two machines do similar things but they are not easily converted one to another.

The same way a car and a lorry do similar things but the parts are not easily convertable one to another.

coolrunnings