aaahva Guest

Hotpoint RFA17G fridge-freezer problem

Folks,
    I need help or advice to making a decision: to try and have a repair or throw it away ASAP.
    My 4 years old Hotpoint RFA17G fridge-freezer is running all the time without stop. Even the compressor is snoring continuously, the fridge wont cool, it's nearly the room temperature. Freezer is ok. I tried the temp knob all positions: same result. After some surfing the net, I came to idea that the thermostat is gone. I removed it away, connected the wires directly to each other – no change. Compressor runs day and night and fridge is not cold as it should be. I read on some topics that the fan should be checked, by removing the back panel. But, in freezer compartment there are no screws, clips or other things which could hold that panel, and no fan is heard. Moreover, on Hotpoint support site they do not have fans as parts or spares for this model, so does that mean that this model comes without fan? In such case, which way is the fridge cooled?
    Many disappointed users complain about this brand. I haven’t a clue: to get involved in an expensive repairing process with no adequate guarantee or is it better to throw 400 quid and get a new Samsung frost free and forget this nightmare?
    Had anyone have such experience?
    Thanks for reading this.

Re: Hotpoint RFA17G fridge-freezer problem

sounds like compressor fault